Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 3

Chicago Storm

26 minutes ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

Sticking with my 4" call for Toronto. At the moment, though, this is looking like a dud for us. Rain to snow scenarios rarely work out for us.

I’m going for 4-6” for the first wave late this afternoon into the overnight hours. Highest snowfall rates will occur just after the changeover from rain to snow.

The second wave late Thursday afternoon into the evening is still a big question mark. From a total miss to another 4”. Hopefully models will provide more clarity later today.

21 minutes ago, Toronto4 said:

I’m going for 4-6” for the first wave late this afternoon into the overnight hours. Highest snowfall rates will occur just after the changeover from rain to snow.

The second wave late Thursday afternoon into the evening is still a big question mark. From a total miss to another 4”. Hopefully models will provide more clarity later today.

Im in the warning and dont think I see that much haha. The transition events generally underperform here so I see where Ottawa Blizzard is coming from. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Radar looks very broken up in the conveyer along the precip shield that's going to pass over my area. 

If I hit 6 inches it will be a miracle unless that fills in.

Yeah.  It seem the best Jet dynamics are to our west as RCNYILWX discussed on page 2 in this thread.  So it appears that wave 1 is better to our west and wave 2 is now well south.  I think we get 6-8" but I fully understand your reservations.

• Like 2

Just now, NEILwxbo said:

10.1” here in extreme SE Grundy. Last night I put 2 snow boards out, one of which I cleared at 2:30 when I measured 2.3”. At 8:30, it had 7.8”. The one I didn’t clear off is pictured

So the one you didn't clear has more snow than the combined measurements from the one you did?

10 minutes ago, homedis said:

Now at 6.2” & pixie dust falling lol

I'm not sure what we've seen here in A.Heights but it's impressive vs what I expected. The headline is definitely a head scratcher-especially considering the timing of this mess on the morning commute. Not that it would have changed anything but I think extending the Winter Storm Warning area would have been a smart move for lot

• Like 1