Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2022 General Discussion

Spartman

1 hour ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Another 0.25-0.50” duster overnight and this morning in Minneapolis. 

Afternoons highs in the mid 30s next week will eat away at the snowpack and give it that grungy look by next weekend. 

20's n 30's for the coming week will feel nice before the next cold wave hits. Add in a little snow there, too. In the fall, those temps are colder than sin, yet after bitter waves, its pleasant. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Temps pushing 40 today, and you can tell there's a bit of spring fever starting up.  Seen people out walking, car washes extremely busy, etc.  The sun combined with the temps actually does make it feel warmer than it is after the recent cold.

Today's Euro is surging 50s into our area early next week.  That would feel great after a consistently cool to cold January and early February.  Our snow may be nearly gone by mid month.

46 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

I thought skiers liked the fluff better?

Fluff on the slopes is better. I was just talkin about having a decent 6-10" OTG that's not so prone to sublimation, settling, etc. Dense foundation when it was RN-->SN low ratio is ideal base for snowmobiles. I had to drive a couple hours west and saw lots of sled tracks across fields and along the roads in the drifts along the north side of 94. "Drift busting" was my favorite riding years ago when I had sleds in SEMI, where there wasn't any real trail system available. Lots of great drifting winters back in the mid-80's. 

• Like 1

Not trying to troll or anything but I really wouldn't mind a soaking rainer.  I've never seen so much residual salt on area roads, it's like there was a surplus of salt and it had to be used this season no matter what lol.  The parking lot at work looks like the great salt lake desert.  
Over the last week or so where we've gotten a couple of those DAB snows where the city then puts down about 1/4" of salt powder.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

not even a week removed from a dog, already getting the zzz’s again.

That's how I roll. This winter up until last week was completely uneventful. Time is beginning to run short considering nothing major is showing for a few days, unless you enjoy waving at the parade of clippers as they pass by to our north. I guess I'll take my 12" storm (out of 18" total for the year) and like it.

Now that I've said that, we'll probably have an anomalously snowy March and early April and end up above normal in seasonal snowfall. lol

• Like 2