• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feburary 2nd-4th Winter Storm Thread

John1122

Very brief freezing drizzle here. The HRRR handled it much better than any other model imby, unless that bit of moisture out toward Nashville does something, which I doubt. Unlike many events like this, sub freezing cold was much slower to arrive than predicted. The models showing .2 or .3 zr here had 20s rushing in. Instead it's 31.8. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John1122 said:

Very brief freezing drizzle here. The HRRR handled it much better than any other model imby, unless that bit of moisture out toward Nashville does something, which I doubt. Unlike many events like this, sub freezing cold was much slower to arrive than predicted. The models showing .2 or .3 zr here had 20s rushing in. Instead it's 31.8. 

Have had steady freezing drizzle and a few flakes.....at 29 currently but not expecting much of a rise today. School cancelled for Cumberland county not sure of other counties

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wintersnow888 said:

Temperature has dropped to 24.7 and it's sleeting mixed with snow...I don't see anything on radar, does anyone else

This is a weird one. At MM 306 or wherever the salt trucks get their salt on I40, everything was white including the trees, but 0.5 miles parallel (West) on Highway 70 there was nothing on the ground. Elevation is exactly the same too. No snow in Monterey either. Must've just been a random flake-storm there.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

Yeah radar misses Plateau upslope. Most of the cloud, at least the nucleation, is below the beam from any radar site. 

I have settled into talking about everyone else's snow. GFS is caving to the warmer Euro. See you in the severe thread.

Yeah. Feeling those vibes as well. 

I was thinking and in hopes Blocking would be setting up around now and things would align to where we'd pull off at least one major Snowfall for the Valley but, having doubts now.

May be one of those Winters where all area's, NSEW record above average Snowfall while the great Valley is Avg. or below. If old Averages were still used, entire Valley would be well below.

Who knows, with todays paltry averages, wouldn't take but one halfway decent Storm to go over the threshold.

• Like 1

Here’s one pic from the course I manage, pic doesn’t really do it justice though.  We dodged a bullet here in southeast Memphis but we still have a lot of cleanup to do around the course.  It sounds like up north of the city around Millington got hit the worst.  Lots of power outages in Shelby and Fayette county today.  Ice storm warning area was spot on as I could tell a huge difference driving from a winter weather advisory county into the ice storm warning county.  NWS did a good job warning folks 

91821C99-7EB3-4CE5-B1BD-888524A9BFBA.jpeg

• Like 5

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic