Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2022

George BM

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

And some call this a “science board@ and perhaps for some it is, but it’s predominantly a “winter board”.

Well, the fact that a large majority of people come in here primarily due to interest in winter weather doesn't negate the science aspect.  While there's a share of weenie-ism (I even do that myself at times!), I think a lot of people do try to understand the dynamics/thermodynamics of winter events beyond the "how much will I get" kinds of questions.  Hell, it is winter weather that got me into this field as a profession in the first place!  But it is true that this place clears out faster than a Cleveland Indians game from the 1970s once it's evident there's not much chance of snow anymore!

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

Man...it's so easy to forget how much this place dies when winter turns to spring.

We can keep it alive here with beer talk.

Sipping on a DFH Utopias Barrel Aged WWS. I liked it the first time I tried it, but even more now. As they claim, it ages well! I should put one away for 5 years, but there is no chance of that.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The two teams behind them are on short losing streaks as well.  But not a stretch.  Islanders have a crazy 5 games in hand but would need to win most of them.

Last time I looked there was only about 10 pts separating them from not making the playoffs. Hard to imagine but if they don't start winning some games.....

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Last time I looked there was only about 10 pts separating them from not making the playoffs. Hard to imagine but if they don't start winning some games.....

Yep, the two that also have lost a couple in a row.  You would think the Caps will start winning some shortly but not a real confident looking bunch even if they do maker the playoffs.   Still way too many defensive zones gaffes and turnovers. 

• 2 weeks later...