• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2022

George BM

@Ji isn't wrong. Everytime we need a trend in one direction we ussually get the opposite. Atleast this winter. It actully makes me chuckle thinking about it lol.

Look at this week.  We need a south trend for Thursday/Friday. We get a north trend.

For Sunday we need a north trend and we have the Hammer from hell dropping out of Canada at the worst possible time.

It is really is something to marvel at.

2 hours ago, Jebman said:

Want to get your snow fix? It's where I am getting mine since there might be another stupid ice storm here in Buda again lol. It was 85/65 earlier, now its 42/24 with a nasty north wind lol

https://live2.brownrice.com/embed/tsvconstruction

Later today (Wednesday) That cam should be FUN, snow will be comin down.

It looks like snow now..:-)

18 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Made the same comment the other day to a friend of mine.  Eerily similar to when Hitler claimed Sudentenland in the Munich Agreement then proceeded to invade the rest of Czech (and well, the rest is history).

Preceded by his acquisition of Austria with claims of German heritage and language, which he later used again with the Sudetenland.

God help us if Russia were to ever target Hungary or Poland. That would be WW3 without question.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Just got my new Samsung galaxy 22 ultra replacing my old ass Note 8 . Incredible difference lol. Camera is unfreakinreal:clap:. 256 GB replacing my 64 lol.

Would be interested to see you post some wx (or any) pics you've got from the G22 Ultra. I upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro at launch last October and have been pretty impressed with the upgraded camera rig there, but have followed the development of the G22 Ultra, too, and it sounds like an impressive phone. While I personally haven't experienced any issues with the Pixel 6 line, Google sure has stumbled a number of times squashing out bugs in its monthly updates on the newest models.

Interesting sidebar -- I tried out the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 for a week before I settled on the P6 Pro last fall. The Flip 3 was hands down THE coolest phone I ever used. Absolutely loved the form factor, and I found myself using the outer screen to process notifications WAY more, without having to turn on/enable the primary screen all the time. I never mind reducing screen time.  :)  Anyway, the Flip 3 had a very average camera system (certainly not up to S22 Ultra or P6 Pro calibre) plus the battery barely got me through a day. And I'm done living with battery anxiety on any cell phone...so back it went. But if Sammy finds a way to improve battery life and camera quality on that Z Flip series, I'll back in a heartbeat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Would be interested to see you post some wx (or any) pics you've got from the G22 Ultra. I upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro at launch last October and have been pretty impressed with the upgraded camera rig there, but have followed the development of the G22 Ultra, too, and it sounds like an impressive phone. While I personally haven't experienced any issues with the Pixel 6 line, Google sure has stumbled a number of times squashing out bugs in its monthly updates on the newest models.

Interesting sidebar -- I tried out the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 for a week before I settled on the P6 Pro last fall. The Flip 3 was hands down THE coolest phone I ever used. Absolutely loved the form factor, and I found myself using the outer screen to process notifications WAY more, without having to turn on/enable the primary screen all the time. I never mind reducing screen time.  :)  Anyway, the Flip 3 had a very average camera system (certainly not up to S22 Ultra or P6 Pro calibre) plus the battery barely got me through a day. And I'm done living with battery anxiety on any cell phone...so back it went. But if Sammy finds a way to improve battery life and camera quality on that Z Flip series, I'll back in a heartbeat.

Android? :yikes:  I used to like you until I found out you'd have the dreaded green text bubbles :lol:

• Haha 1

Phone nerd junky here.
I've owned every iphone, and many, many androids in the past decade and then some!

Currently I have a Z Fold 3 and iPhone 13 Pro Max.  I really want to get the S22 Ultra since I miss the s-pen and Note 20 Ultra I had.
HOWEVER, there are serious concerns regarding battery life, display issues, blah blah blah.  Typical Samsung early release shit.

These devices are $$$ and getting something that's less than essentially perfect (at least as claimed) is frustrating to say the least.  At least it's not on the scale of LG/Oppo/OnePlus, et-al.  And Google Pixel, don't even get me started on those.

Loved the days of rooting and jailbreaking but TBH now there are enough compromises and the countless hours spent either tethered to my Mac or using ADB and copying APKs and rom files to microSD and flashing, using ODIN...What a mess!  Just want to use the damn phone LOL!

I also have a lot of expensive photography gear and cameras are paramount!  The best camera is the one you have with you.  And with the shooters of the last few years getting progressively better, computational photography, etc.  I'm toting my bag and gear around less and less.

Still, cannot (yet) sidestep the immutable laws of physics when it comes to lenses and sensors so any claims that ANY phone camera approaches that of a high end SLR/medium format is just plain silly and unfounded.

But any capture is better than none at all!

The Z-Fold 3 with Radarscope is a chaser's wet dream.  Of course with our typical Mid Atlantic weather, it feels more like a cat confined to a glass home with zero mice in sight! ;)

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic