Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2022

George BM

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

Next time, measure from the roof. Not only will you get fun totals from the shingles, but added elevation ;) 

So I'd take my snowboard and my fiddle :lol:

Nah I better stay off the roof...how I'm feelin' at the moment I'd be tempted to jump off (before being prevented by fear of heights, lol)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Dodged it for 2 years, but the Rona found us. Wife and son both positive today. Both pretty mild symptoms. My parents had/have it and had negative home tests this past weekend so they visited us for my son’s birthday and spread it. So it goes.

sorry to hear friend, hope everyone feels better soon and it all stays mild. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Dodged it for 2 years, but the Rona found us. Wife and son both positive today. Both pretty mild symptoms. My parents had/have it and had negative home tests this past weekend so they visited us for my son’s birthday and spread it. So it goes.

Urgh. That sucks. Hopefully it just stays mild and that all are on the mend soon.

We know quite a few fully vaccinated and boosted folks who have gotten it, but each one of them had pretty mild symptoms, the worst of which was a bad cold for a couple days. Obviously that's not how it goes for everyone, but my anecdotal evidence is that that's very much how it's been going in general.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Urgh. That sucks. Hopefully it just stays mild and that all are on the mend soon.

We know quite a few fully vaccinated and boosted folks who have gotten it, but each one of them had pretty mild symptoms, the worst of which was a bad cold for a couple days. Obviously that's not how it goes for everyone, but my anecdotal evidence is that that's very much how it's been going in general.

We got it over the last few days (vector was my daughter’s best friend).  Pretty much a nothing-burger because we were all maximum vaccinated.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

52 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

We got it over the last few days (vector was my daughter’s best friend).  Pretty much a nothing-burger because we were all maximum vaccinated.

So far so good for my parents, wife, and son. My wife and son probably have another couple days with it I’d guess. Daughter and I are wondering if we get it. We’re not going to isolate them in the basement or whatever because we were just as exposed to my parents over the weekend and to them the last few days. So I figure we’re already as exposed as we can get.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, H2O said:

speaking of shingles.  Apparently I need to go get a shot for this. :tomato:

LOL!  Yes, there is a shot for that, in fact it's a series of 2 (Shingrix vaccine).  I actually got mine a couple of years back.  Definitely get it, if you're "old enough"...last thing you would want is to suffer getting shingles!  Apparently it's quite effective.

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Wanna go get colonoscopies together?

Hahaha!  Have gotten several of those over the years (no, not due to age, but have to get them more often due to history of colitis).  I can deal with an all-liquid diet the day before, I can deal with the procedure itself (since they knock you out for that anyhow), and I can deal with the "recovery" right afterward, plus I can eat normally again at that point.  But the ONE thing I just CANNOT get used to is that God-awful gallon of prep solution you have to drink the night before.  Ugh!  It is awful.  8 ounce glass every 10 minutes.  It's like a bad drinking game!  I can be fine for the first 3 or 4 glasses, but after that it gets to be a real struggle.  Even the "flavor packs" they give you don't help much...still tastes like disgusting metallic salt.  Bleahhhhhhh!

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

So far so good for my parents, wife, and son. My wife and son probably have another couple days with it I’d guess. Daughter and I are wondering if we get it. We’re not going to isolate them in the basement or whatever because we were just as exposed to my parents over the weekend and to them the last few days. So I figure we’re already as exposed as we can get.

Oh wow...really sorry to hear they got COVID!  Hopefully will remain mild with being fully vaccinated and all, at least.  And hope they recover well.  Hope you and your daughter are OK and if you do get it, that it's only minor.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hahaha!  Have gotten several of those over the years (no, not due to age, but have to get them more often due to history of colitis).  I can deal with an all-liquid diet the day before, I can deal with the procedure itself (since they knock you out for that anyhow), and I can deal with the "recovery" right afterward, plus I can eat normally again at that point.  But the ONE thing I just CANNOT get used to is that God-awful gallon of prep solution you have to drink the night before.  Ugh!  It is awful.  8 ounce glass every 10 minutes.  It's like a bad drinking game!  I can be fine for the first 3 or 4 glasses, but after that it gets to be a real struggle.  Even the "flavor packs" they give you don't help much...still tastes like disgusting metallic salt.  Bleahhhhhhh!

Man let me tell ya...I got nothing but a bad memory from that dang gallon. Here I was, already having bouts of nausea every day (part of the reason why I was getting the colonosopy to rule that out)...and then they give me that rank bile to drink. Flavor packet my behind! So that just brought exacerbated the nausea...then I call the on call doctor to see what I could take and that was the rudest grumpiest doctor I'd ever seen. Not to mention earlier that day the Bengals kicked our behind and Flacco threw 4 INTs...just horrible!

Thankfully...when I had to get another one a few years ago it was just a whole bottle of Miralax...MUCH better!

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic