Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2022

George BM

9 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Collinsworth just said he's never seen 2 people perform like this under pressure. Talking about Stafford and Cupp.

Really Collinsworth, you've never seen anyone perform like this?? 

NBC can't find anyone better? :lol:

Collinsworth's PBP flat out ruined the televised game. Yeah, he's horrible. And always on the verge of sounding like he's going to hock a loog. FFS, clear your throat, man. UGGGGHHH.

• Like 1

If you have an extra 6 min in your day check out the oldest Miss J's new video. She was accepted to Seattle University, and before making her decision on what school to attend her and Mr. J took a trip out back in January. 

She is an aspiring videographer with more of an emphasis on the technical side of it. Sound and video editing. She will have several more but this is the first in her adventure. 

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

^I'm sure it will be visually spectacular, but I hope they focus more on the characters and plot lines than they did for The Wheel of Time.

I haven't seen Wheel of Time, but I can't imagine they wouldn't be laser focused on making this right. Not only are they sinking a ton of money into it, but they're also taking on the rich tapestry of Tolkien's world, with the legions of fans - anything from true Tolkien geeks to relative fans of the movies only - that will be watching with extreme caution. If WingNut, et al hadn't screwed up The Hobbit so badly (though the first movie was quite good), then I think the scrutiny might be slightly less than it otherwise would have been. LOTR is just so much to live up to, so I hope they can give this the justice it deserves.

I'm going to go into it with tempered enthusiasm, but if they can figure out how to truly transmit to the screen what was in some of Tolkien's books and notes on the Second Age, then it's going to be incredible.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, snowfan said:

The AFC in general should be really entertaining in the next few years. Gotta think the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals are the odds on favorites next year.

Add ravens into that. Bengals though did really play a cupcake schedule and did benefit from staying healthy practically all year. I will be curious to see if they can keep it up with a 1st place schedule and a healthy ravens team.

38 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

If you have an extra 6 min in your day check out the oldest Miss J's new video. She was accepted to Seattle University, and before making her decision on what school to attend her and Mr. J took a trip out back in January. 

She is an aspiring videographer with more of an emphasis on the technical side of it. Sound and video editing. She will have several more but this is the first in her adventure. 

Very Cool...she did a great job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Man the AFC is loaded. Cincy is a very good team, but if they don’t go all in on improving the offensive line, it may be a while until they get back to the SB. 

I promise you, whatever else happens, they will work on the line. They have $57 million in cap room, and can free up another $14 million when they cut Trey Wayans.  But, they can make the line pristine and it still may be awhile before they get back due to, as you said, the AFC being loaded.  Probably have to beat at least two of this list (Mahomes, Lamar, Allen, Burrow, Herbert) in any given year to make a run in the playoffs. That's a hard ask for any team (including those blessed with one of those qbs). Someone will make it, hard to feel good about who in any given year as long as that crew stays healthy. Spin a wheel, etc. And that list could even grown if Lawrence gets some good coaching or, for that matter, Tua (I think they hired well getting the SF OC).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I promise you, whatever else happens, they will work on the line. They have $57 million in cap room, and can free up another $14 million when they cut Trey Wayans.  But, they can make the line pristine and it still may be awhile before they get back due to, as you said, the AFC being loaded.  Probably have to beat at least two of this list (Mahomes, Lamar, Allen, Burrow, Herbert) in any given year to make a run in the playoffs. That's a hard ask for any team (including those blessed with one of those qbs). Someone will make it, hard to feel good about who in any given year as long as that crew stays healthy. Spin a wheel, etc. And that list could even grown if Lawrence gets some good coaching or, for that matter, Tua (I think they hired well getting the SF OC).

Any concerns that they won’t open up the checkbook given the franchise’s history of not spending big? 

5 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I loved this. Her experiences on this trip...and the way she documented them...reminded me of a few things: the first time I flew as a pre-teen between Pittsburgh and Tampa, my first trip flying into DCA on Fathers Day 1988 for my permanent move to this area, etc. She's probably flown a number of times before this, but I love how she captures each stage of the journey. I'm not a videographer, and I don't know what I'm talking about....but I did love this. :) She has a knack, and I'm sure she will do well in this arena...what an exciting time of her life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Any concerns that they won’t open up the checkbook given the franchise’s history of not spending big? 

No. They’ve spent $240 million in free agents in last two years. This super bowl run out of nowhere was built on a revamped defense in particular that had seven free agents signed in last two years starting. The narrative that they won’t spend in free agency is slow to change but not fact based as of late.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

We were the 2 top posters in that thread I think with not much to show for it lol.

These 'events' tied to small scale features pay off for relatively few.

lol I know. I’m pretty much done “tracking”. If it snows, I’ll watch it. That’s as much time as I’m dedicating to it.

I find this "there hasn't been a warning level snowfall in Baltimore City since 2016" to be a wackamole sort of moving target.  I get that downtown has gotten screwed by poor banding positions in a lot of events recently.  But I promise you that NWS doesn't think "there hasn't been a warning level snowfall in Baltimore City" since 2016.

March 2018: each spotter report in Baltimore City is >5"

https://www.weather.gov/lwx/pnsmap?type=snow&date=20180321&option=snow

January 2019: spotter report in Baltimore City of 5"

https://www.weather.gov/lwx/pnsmap?type=snow&date=20190113&option=snow

January 3rd: spotter report of 5"

https://www.weather.gov/lwx/pnsmap?type=snow&date=20220103&option=snow

January 7th: spotter report of 5.1"

https://www.weather.gov/lwx/pnsmap?type=snow&date=20220107&option=snow

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic