Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2022

George BM

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just been reading about Beijings annual snowfall. The city itself averages less than an inch per year. The mountains to the NW where all of the events are being held average about 8 inches total per year. They are getting hammered by more than that today. But why the hell would they put the winter Olympics there with such a low annual snowfall amount? 

Only group more corrupt than the IOC is FIFA. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wxtrix said:

here’s how you know:  Hawk was repeatedly told to take it to banter and is still posting crap in the main thread.

My God, I wasn't told anything. I replied to PSU post.  I am a real person and not a troll.  WTF is wrong with you people?? Why you assume the worst in everyone?

2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

wink-wandavision.gif

Whatever guys, enjoy. Mods, please cancel my account,  You didn't even bother to look at my post history.  Wow, this has been a really great experience for me, wanted a fun distraction and interaction after a rough period for me with my sister's passing.

12 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

telling people they needed to get laid was part of your healing process?

anyway, you can click the option to reset your password, type in gibberish at random, and you'll never be able to log in again.

This place would be so much better if you would take your own advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ji said:
2 hours ago, pazzo83 said:
i guess they have very dry winters (monsoon-influenced climate), and it only snows like 10"/yr at that mountain where they are doing the giant slalom.  kind of crazy

Awful. To be so bitterly cold and never see snow

yeah i would NEVER deal with that.  if it has to be cold, it HAS to snow.

6 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

yeah it's idiotic - all the snow is basically man-made.  I think one of the big problems is no one wants to host the winter olympics anymore.

It’s tricky because the games have outgrown most traditional winter sports venues in terms of infrastructure requirements. Lake placid NY for instance could never host by todays standards. But there aren’t that many major cities like Salt Lake that combine the close proximity to winter venues and the necessary infrastructure.   Combine the corruption and often crazy cost and most probably don’t want to bother. 

13 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

i guess they have very dry winters (monsoon-influenced climate), and it only snows like 10"/yr at that mountain where they are doing the giant slalom.  kind of crazy

12 hours ago, Ji said:
13 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

Awful. To be so bitterly cold and never see snow

Even putting aside all their politics, I'd rather live in the tropics than in Beijing. The Siberian high makes their winters so boring and miserable.

14 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I have had covid for a week as of tomorrow. And it is no joke. I dont want to know what its like to have it without being vaccinated.  It is bad enough as is. 

Get better soon, my friend. Drink lots of water & Gatorade, and rest up as much as possible! Oh, and keep away from the horse dewormer, would ya? We very much value your input here. Not trying to see you turn into DT via too much ivermectin :lol:

I’ve somehow managed to stay Covid free since the beginning of the pandemic despite so many of my friends, family (including my wife and daughter), and coworkers testing positive… which makes me think my time to get Covid is likely coming very soon - especially given how many humans I interact with day to day @ Apple (and their gross personal devices) The running joke is that we all come in contact with so many germs all year long that we were pretty much built for this, lol!

In all seriousness though… hope you feel better asap! Like billy Madison said… hydration is key.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Not sure what's wrong with the caps but there not the same team they were earlier in the season.

And there's alot more wrong than just goal tending.

Yep, just “off” and not jiving it seems. Forsberg has made some amazing saves in the 2nd period (I’m watching the game delayed since we went to 1230p mass). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Who’s everyone rooting for tonight? Hoping for a great game and a Bengals win. 

oh and I win the super bowl squares too

This should be a close  game, unless one team wants to give the ball away repetitively. I would like to see the Bengals win mostly for their fans who lost 2 heartbreakers in the 80s and haven't really gotten deep into postseason since. Otoh, I like Stafford and wouldn't mind seeing him win after spending most of his career with an awful Lions organization. One matchup that isn't good for the Bengals is their OL against the Rams DL in passing situations. The Bengals can run the ball though, so that will be important to keep some of the pressure off Burrow.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Would be happy for you all if it finally happens! Dude has been what's holding the team back in my outside opinion.

If you believe some of the stories coming out he's just a horrible human being.

That's not even including the sexual harassment, etc.

• mappy unpinned this topic