Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, Ji said:

Lol always find random maps in fb memories. Whatever happened to this storm26ca95ee6a29ff5005b73dd2ce3bdeb9.jpg

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I got 0.4” on the 12-13th

This fell here...

02/13/2016   T 0.2 T NA T T NA
02/14/2016   0.00 0.0 0.00 NA 0.0 0.00 NA
02/15/2016   0.40 4.2 0.40 10.5 : 1 4.2 0.40 10 %
02/16/2016   1.78 2.8 0.32 8.8 : 1 3.5 1.25 36 %
02/17/2016   0.04 0.0 0.00 NA 2.0 0.78 39 %
02/18/2016   T T T NA 1.0 0.35 35 %

So, @CAPE -- Mrs. V and I made a shameless beer run to Weggy's today, and I'll probably be documenting some of the IPAs we picked up this morning later today. However, I forgot to share this one last week from Victory Brewing (based in Downingtown, PA), Imperial Cloud Walker -- it was exceptionally good.

PXL_20220206_212557781a.jpg.a4709f6d1de4c30b73ae0a4beef2f7db.jpg

• Like 3

I usually avoid skiing  presidents weekend but it’s one of the few weekends left I have the time to get somewhere of consequence.  Problem is the weather is just as atrocious for snow over the entire lower 48. New England looks like a total ice fest with a rain/freeze. Even out west it’s pretty slim pickings with most resorts having only reported a few inches in the last 3 weeks and with a thaw last week conditions are pretty cruddy. 

Winter park seems to be the best option. They’ve been lucky with 13” in the last 7 days from several minor events and look to do best this week with mqybe a 5-8” snow mid week then cold after. Problem is I’ve avoided there on busy weekends thinking the close proximity to Denver must make it a mad house. @Bob Chill you probably know better. Would it be worth it or will lift lines be too crazy?  I don’t mine 15-20 min waits but some of the 1 hour plus lines I’ve been hearing about in Colorado lately seem like it would be a miserable day.  

First, I am a woman.  And I am a winter and snow lover like everyone.  I have lurked for many many years on the forum, decided to make an account, and start posting. Look at my posts, why were they immediately attacked??, just seems odd.  No worries, I will sign off. I signed up to enjoy and interact because I love the hobby.....but if new posters arent welcomed, it's fine.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Hawk said:

First, I am a woman.  And I am a winter and snow lover like everyone.  I have lurked for many many years on the forum, decided to make an account, and start posting. Look at my posts, why were they immediately attacked??, just seems odd.  No worries, I will sign off. I signed up to enjoy and interact because I love the hobby.....but if new posters arent welcomed, it's fine.

Calm down.  We have numerous out of region contributors which we are cordial with but we know they are posting in good faith and making positive contributions. 

Couple things… just in case you are legit. We’ve had a rash of trolls over the years who come in here and take on a few different characteristics. And you sort of (maybe accidentally) exhibited some of them. 
1. you’re out of your region

2. You’re not posting the right content in the right threads. 
3.  You started off with a bunch of “winters over” posts in a snowstorm thread. 
4. you then posted a JB tweet. His cred is about as good as Judas in here. 

You came off as a troll. If that was inadvertent sorry but then you do need to do better. Pay attention to what thread you’re in. Post long range stuff in the long range thread. Maybe don’t start you’re very first interaction as an outsider guests in another region with a bunch of deb stuff. Maybe introduce yourself.  Just some suggestions if you are in fact posting in good faith and not a troll 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

lol Hawk is no lady.

I wish people were nicer and more considerate of good negative pattern analysis.  What I read is they were sharing information from other mets. They may not be the most reputable mets here, but I see nothing wrong with sharing someone else's thoughts. There are nicer ways to point out the topic is in the wrong sub.

14 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Calm down.  We have numerous out of region contributors which we are cordial with but we know they are posting in good faith and making positive contributions. 

Couple things… just in case you are legit. We’ve had a rash of trolls over the years who come in here and take on a few different characteristics. And you sort of (maybe accidentally) exhibited some of them. 
1. you’re out of your region

2. You’re not posting the right content in the right threads. 
3.  You started off with a bunch of “winters over” posts in a snowstorm thread. 
4. you then posted a JB tweet. His cred is about as good as Judas in here. 

You came off as a troll. If that was inadvertent sorry but then you do need to do better. Pay attention to what thread you’re in. Post long range stuff in the long range thread. Maybe don’t start you’re very first interaction as an outsider guests in another region with a bunch of deb stuff. Maybe introduce yourself.  Just some suggestions if you are in fact posting in good faith and not a troll 

Thanks for the reply PSU.

1. Yes, from Philly..but  I follow this Mid Atlantic forum the most because it's very active with posts, maps, model output, and comments,  and I view Philly climate is similar to mid-Atlantic. When storm work for Northern Mid-Atlantic they work for Philly.  I am 25, grew up at Jersey shore but live in Philly now.  I like browsing forums to get quick updates on things versus going through all the models. I am not a troll.  Always been obsessed with the weather, particularly winter weather. I share many aspects  of the same "diseases" you guys have.

2. Sorry I posted a Twitter from Chris Sowers (was meant to stress or make the point to enjoy this event), but yes...should be in the long-range thread.

3.  However, I never posted multiple "winter is over", just the one tweet from Chris Sowers.

4. I posted the JB tweet because it had great 18Z NAM output, and was trying to show a positive vibe.

anyway, sorry..... I am not here to annoy anyone...

• Like 1

Just been reading about Beijings annual snowfall. The city itself averages less than an inch per year. The mountains to the NW where all of the events are being held average about 8 inches total per year. They are getting hammered by more than that today. But why the hell would they put the winter Olympics there with such a low annual snowfall amount? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just been reading about Beijings annual snowfall. The city itself averages less than an inch per year. The mountains to the NW where all of the events are being held average about 8 inches total per year. They are getting hammered by more than that today. But why the hell would they put the winter Olympics there with such a low annual snowfall amount? 

yeah it's idiotic - all the snow is basically man-made.  I think one of the big problems is no one wants to host the winter olympics anymore.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic