Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2022

George BM

18 hours ago, gopper said:

OK, but didn't the UKIE and EURO first show this storm as a major snow storm for our area before pulling the rug completely?

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

That may well happen later this month! Absolutely no sarcasm intended. I am pulling for the entire sub to get demolished by snow! Your win, is my win, because when this happens in the Mid Atlantic, all is right in the world and I feel like I just won a five billion dollar lottery!

NOTE: The image above shows a large 19 inch swath of snow throughout the meat of the sub. I want you all to get it, and you WILL get it!

On 2/3/2022 at 8:50 PM, Maestrobjwa said:

Yo that ain't even right! I'm wondering if Texas has more snow than we do the last two years...lol This should be on a post for la ninas...sheesh. Man I hope we get a good Nino next year and scratch out a good event or two this month!

This year, Buda got no snow - Washington has had more snow. I dont know about North Texas, they may have had more though,

11 hours ago, Kay said:

beautiful peach-colored crescent moon hanging over the horizon

It was beautiful!  My 11th grade son has become the amateur Astronomer/Photo Astronomer this year with new equipment.  He was able to capture the "Flame Nebula" in the cold last night despite the glow of suburban lights.  Quite amazing actually!  So much to see that we miss with the naked eye.  What an amazing universe!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gopper said:

It was beautiful!  My 11th grade son has become the amateur Astronomer/Photo Astronomer this year with new equipment.  He was able to capture the "Flame Nebula" in the cold last night despite the glow of suburban lights.  Quite amazing actually!  So much to see that we miss with the naked eye.  What an amazing universe!

Indeed it was. Very cool about your son. Nature and the universe are always there to inspire if we look... (even when our yards are snow-free :lol:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronTy said:

Yeah we got jackpotted early on which is always nice.  According to NOAA I got 15" on that storm.  That's why you won't see me complaining for the rest of this winter.   I even see a little bit of green on my petunias....

I've been amused/impressed by your petunia reports. :lol: I grew some from seed for the first time ever last year, and I knew they were somewhat hardy, but unlike any I've bought as plants, these  surpassed all expectations and kept going through multiple nights in the 20s.  Yours take the prize tho obvs.

This is unbelievable: State of the remaining icepack here in south central Texas! Its 60 degrees and STILL the icepack holds on in shady places! Its half an inch deep on the north deck, and also on the other house, the north patio which is concrete, nearly an inch of solid ice remains! It developed yesterday in 52 degree conditions as sleet melted on the roof! I damn near fell on that sob last night at 11pm! Forgot all about it, till I slid! Gotta remember to walk like a penguin on the ice!

I never thought I'd publish a State of the Icepack down here in sunny warm south central Texas! It was 52 yesterday and STILL the ground was solid ice!

• Like 4

Long way to go. The ‘Hoos have a brand name that goes a long way. With only one ACC team currently ranked, my guess is several will get in without the traditional resume. They are 9-5 and 15-9. A 3-3 split in the remaining 6 puts them in a spot where it would be unheard of for them to not make the tournament 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

What day is this potential non storm supposed to happen or not happen?

Sunday but maybe not Sunday.  It depends on the Nina but maybe not the Nina and instead the blocking that may not happen but with no blocking maybe no phasing but maybe there’ll be a phase and then the NS needs to back off and we’re left with a SS that needs to go to work.  But maybe, maybe not on Sunday after all.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Sunday but maybe not Sunday.  It depends on the Nina but maybe not the Nina and instead the blocking that may not happen but with no blocking maybe no phasing but maybe there’ll be a phase and then the NS needs to back off and we’re left with a SS that needs to go to work.  But maybe, maybe not on Sunday after all.

You have a career in communications my friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• mappy unpinned this topic