Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2022

George BM

On 1/31/2022 at 3:52 PM, MN Transplant said:

@mattie g USMNT game-time temp on Wednesday looks like it will be low single digits.  I don't know who approved soccer in Minnesota in February.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:28 PM, mattie g said:

The idea was they could minimize travel by sticking the games in the Midwest since we had to play near Toronto yesterday. It would also allow the players to acclimatize a bit better by having them all close to one another.

No matter what, it’s going to be brutal.

I think temp at kickoff was 7F; at second half kickoff it was 4F. Saw one wind chill reading of -11F, but I imagine there wasn’t much of a breeze inside the stadium.

Just read that two Honduran players who we’re subbed out at halftime were being treated for hypothermia. Oops…

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

I think temp at kickoff was 7F; at second half kickoff it was 4F. Saw one wind chill reading of -11F, but I imagine there wasn’t much of a breeze inside the stadium.

Just read that two Honduran players who we’re subbed out at halftime were being treated for hypothermia. Oops…

Noticed that nobody wore anything on their head.  Wonder if that is against the rules or just “tough guy” syndrome.  

Dale City has had 4.5 inches of rain so far this new year. Buda TX just passed you guys in total rain this year, we are now at 5.75. We got 3 inches 2 days ago and are now being drowned by an Arctic front, have had 2.25 inches just today and there's a LOT more where that came from! Vast pools of water are everywhere! I drenched my new shoes just tryin to get to the damn car! We are getting an early start to rain totals down here! Usually winters are dry here. We're getting some thunder and lightning too. Wow February is acting like mid May in terms of rain lol.

Steady light to moderate FREEZING rain continues here at 410am CST. The entire north side of the house is a sheet of ice! 32 degrees. North winds gusting to 36 mph. It feels like 13 out. Glad I still have my ice skates, might have to strap em on later lol. This could be bad, especially for this region.

• Like 1

Its is now 31 degrees in Buda, TX, with freezing rain and sleet pellets. Its a frackin' MESS outside right now - and I damn near fell right on my damn @ss  as I tried to get a precipitation reading! It's COLD out there too, winds are north at 23mph with frigid gusts to 36! This makes it feel like 8 above zero at times! Icicles are everywhere and the deck is a world-class skating rink! I think we should hold the ice skating portion of the 2022 Winter Olympics here! They DO start today, by the way! The ZR/IP mix will continue for hours into the new day as the temperatures continue to fall all day long!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Noticed that nobody wore anything on their head.  Wonder if that is against the rules or just “tough guy” syndrome.  

They were approved to wear head covers, balaclavas, etc. though they aren't normally allowed. Some had head covers on and some had them on then pulled them down, but others didn't bother.

There's definitely a tough-guy syndrome for some of them, but I don't think you get as much of that meathead aspect of it as much as you do with NFL and college football.

15 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

No one will understand what I’m saying here and that’s fine, but we are such a defensive bunch of folks.

Just an observation, but just because we think a point is pointed, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is.

If a point is pointed, and no one around is hear it, is your point pointedly pointed?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Damn was it that long ago?

Yep!! That's why when Superbowls come...savor them! (I certainly did back then! Can't tell ya how many times I watched both the highlight DVD and the DVD with full games!! My folks kept saying that year "Why you keep watchin' those DVDs all the time!"...and this is why! I mean what a memorable, MEMORABLE run--memories that will last a lifetime. That year erased the Billy Cundiff sting--because the journey, and the story of 2012 was so much better! Hope we can get to the Superbowl soon...GO RAVENS!

• Like 1

I attribute our struggles these last 6 years with having 4 la ninas...yeah you had the el nino that wasn't and the AO+++++ neutral. Bad fortune? The other thing not to be named? Probably difficult to tell given that sample size. If ya only have 2 years without a historically unfavorable ENSO, and one of those had an AO+ disaster...yeah ya can't tell!

11 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yep!! That's why when Superbowls come...savor them! (I certainly did back then! Can't tell ya how many times I watched both the highlight DVD and the DVD with full games!! My folks kept saying that year "Why you keep watchin' those DVDs all the time!"...and this is why! I mean what a memorable, MEMORABLE run--memories that will last a lifetime. That year erased the Billy Cundiff sting--because the journey, and the story of 2012 was so much better! Hope we can get to the Superbowl soon...GO RAVENS!

Let Lamar get us into post season and bring Joe back for playoffs!  Then MAYBE... :P

And DVDs?

MKV or bust! :P

12 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm actually rooting against ice tomorrow for Towson specifically.  My daughter ( @Temple) competes against Towson University tomorrow afternoon.  Temple only has 2 competitions that are reasonable drives for me ....Towson and George Washington University.  I've only seen her in person once so far this season so I'm psyched to see her tomorrow. :popcorn:

Looks like its a go!  Have a great time and hope your daughter does well.

• Thanks 1

i didn't think i'd say this, but the name "commanders" is growing on me.  i think they might have gotten the rebrand right, though the rollout was definitely weak.  they still need a new stadium, though.  

i'm just glad that i don't have to call them WFT anymore bc that was miserable.

• mappy unpinned this topic