Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

5 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Ended up with 2.6" total frozen, maybe maybe an inch of that was snow. My depth is up to 4 inches, but boy is it solid.

about the same here. no idea how deep my pack is, as I would need a sledgehammer to get through it. rode my sled around the yard, and it never came close to breaking through.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.27" of wasted precipitation from this storm, most of it rain. I had heavy rain and 31.5-32.0° F Thursday night so it didn't accrete at all, which was a good thing or else I would've likely had issues with tree damage, power and telecom. I had about 1/10" of ice accretion yesterday morning after the precipitation lessened and temperatures dropped into the 20s. It was topped off with 0.7" of snow/sleet.

This was not a CAD event as it had slowly advancing cold from the N and NW as opposed to retreating cold air left behind by a cold high sliding east. My location is often one of the last to shed cold around here in such events, but I was one of the last to get cold this go around, saving me from the worst of the ZR. The west slope and Hudson Valley definitely got it worse.

Two big swings and misses this past week. It's been a brutal week and a lackluster winter season with only that one mediocre synoptic storm on MLK Day. Season snow total at a paltry 61.3", I'd guess average to date should be 95-100".

4 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

2.27" of wasted precipitation from this storm, most of it rain. I had heavy rain and 31.5-32.0° F Thursday night so it didn't accrete at all, which was a good thing or else I would've likely had issues with tree damage, power and telecom. I had about 1/10" of ice accretion yesterday morning after the precipitation lessened and temperatures dropped into the 20s. It was topped off with 0.7" of snow/sleet.

This was not a CAD event as it had slowly advancing cold from the N and NW as opposed to retreating cold air left behind by a cold high sliding east. My location is often one of the last to shed cold around here in such events, but I was one of the last to get cold this go around, saving me from the worst of the ZR. The west slope and Hudson Valley definitely got it worse.

Two big swings and misses this past week. It's been a brutal week and a lackluster winter season with only that one mediocre synoptic storm on MLK Day. Season snow total at a paltry 61.3", I'd guess average to date should be 95-100".

How many died? 

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Looks like Eastern LI lost all 2 feet of theirs can’t really tell though. Think they had all rain yesterday. 

Deep winter still in 90% of SNE. 

Drove from Tolland to S Wey today to hit Vitamin Sea brewery in S Wey. Met up with Scoots . They def have more pack in S Wey vs here . But it was full cover the whole ride except the sun drenched SW facing slopes on 84 and pike 

• Like 1

Forecast for coating to 2" of combined snow and sleet verified, with the exception of the fact that I inadvertently crafted the map with only snow in mind, so it didn't extend far enough to the south.

Final Grade: B

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2022/02/successful-forecast-for-friday-mess-mix.html

Versus.png

• Like 1