SnowHabit
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I’ll be at Waterville on Tuesday for a Gear Day to test next year’s products… never been, looking forward to a foray into NH ski country.

Nice!

Check out Tangent to Preston's Path, and Governor's Run. And if you have some time, check out our little mountain, Campton Mountain. Only about 3 or 4 minutes from 49. It's not open during the week, but we're planning on expanding our snow making over this summer so that maybe we can open up a couple days during the week.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Henry's Weather said:

I thought the clown maps were vendor-generated

They are, but may also suffer some of the same issues the GFS does. Like trying to forecast ice off instantaneous ptype but 3 or more hourly QPF. 

I think the biggest issue is that the model ends up having too much snow cover and then becomes too cold going forward through the run.

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I’ll be at Waterville on Tuesday for a Gear Day to test next year’s products… never been, looking forward to a foray into NH ski country.

Waterville is a good mountain. I should be there as well for the demo. Maybe we’ll have to meet up for a beer and a lap. 

Final total in Charlotte was 17.8” after the LES enhancement and late night PVA rolled thru with just some flurries flying around as some valley convergence pushes east and ends. 

Started the event with 3.5” on the ground. Snow depth sits at 15.1” right now. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That band ended up nice on the south shore. Looked like 2-3” from the pics I saw. 

Prob had good ratios if it was anything like up here. We got about a half inch of arctic fluff that was prob 25 or 30 to 1. 

I went outside and I was able to walk completely on top of the pack without sinking…lol. 

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Prob had good ratios if it was anything like up here. We got about a half inch of arctic fluff that was prob 25 or 30 to 1. 

I went outside and I was able to walk completely on top of the pack without sinking…lol. 

Same here lol. That pack would bounce cannonballs off it.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Same here lol. That pack would bounce cannonballs off it.

Did BOX ever put out any type of a final accumulation map, like they usually do? Can't find one...

• Weenie 1