New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Hoth said:

What a dogsh*t system.

It made some people happy. I thought it was pretty nasty. I was exposed to too much cold rain going in and out of the building at work. Fake back edge of precip hit CT at 1pm. Rained at times all the way to 7pm. 80 per cent of shift spent out doors rounding up things. I bought gear to help but it is substandard, annoying to wear, and by end of shift I was partly wet and headed toward mild hypothermia. Feet soaked. Place gear adjacent to radiator to dry. That being said I show up more prepared than most of the other guys who could care less if they work soaking wet. Drive home featured increasingly slushy roads with icy shoulder. Snow is great to work in but this is disgusting.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Very nice. Max out event for you. Funny we were just talking about this!

It’s funny. I got so used to being in one of the most productive microclimates there on Parr’s Ridge in Clarksburg when you and I were in the mid Atlantic forum that it’s been odd being in one of the least here in the Champlain Valley. This has been a rare coup. 

• Like 1

.1” freezing rain, 2” sleet, 1.2” snow. 3.3” total. 6” on ground that you can literally stand on top of. XC skiing was fast and smooth. Sledding was amazing. Dog loved it. Fun storm here in the Capital District. Each path with the snowblower took about 1/2” off lol. At least I got the 12” plow pile of sleet at the end of the driveway thin enough to drive through lol. Sorry for those of you that had mostly rain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, das said:

It’s funny. I got so used to being in one of the most productive microclimates there on Parr’s Ridge in Clarksburg when you and I were in the mid Atlantic forum that it’s been odd being in one of the least here in the Champlain Valley. This has been a rare coup. 

Haha yeah I remember commenting that you could record an inch from basically any POS system passing by in winter. Always reliable for that.