Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

31 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

What the heck is up with the NAM bringing sig ice to NYC and to the beach of rhode island and southern MASS, but most of CT not that much? It goes well south to the west and east of CT? Is that even possible?

I have seen a couple of models and forecasts showing a triangular shaped intrusion of slightly warmer air into central CT from the south.

• Confused 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

no

lots of school around here already called it, I know Winsted and I think region 7, looks like the front is right on my doorstep, 32 and below at the NYCTMA borders, it's down to 37 here now

Yes, a handful so far; most within the group I deal with other than Region 1, Region 7, Winsted and Torrington have closed already; others I deal with are hoping that when we chat at 4 am there will be a slot to get in and get out before it gets bad ... Looks unlikely... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Yes, a handful so far; most within the group I deal with other than Region 1, Region 7, Winsted and Torrington have closed already; others I deal with are hoping that when we chat at 4 am there will be a slot to get in and get out before it gets bad ... Looks unlikely... 

yeah I'd edge on the side of caution, it's rushing in, for up here anyway, ZR no joke, especially in the hills, I remember driving a work van years ago off 183 in Torrington and it was ZR patchy and I nearly slid back down the hill of the industrial park onto 183, that day people were all off Rt 8 in Harwinton, but was rain in Waterbury

• Like 1

Down to 28.7F here with more sleet than I've seen in a while.  Just took the dog out and it is crunchy, crispy out there.  Glad the zr stopped.  My fence gate was frozen shut and had to whack it good to open it.  Killington webcams confirm the dual pole cc evidence of the mix line making it to Rutland area.  Doh!!!!   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Turning into a full blown ice storm here..what a disaster.  Pouring ZR and 26F, water just pouring off the roof.  Maybe a tiny bit of IP in there, but mostly ZR. Lots of sagging going on.

At least the heavier rain will slow the accretion on power lines and branches.  You should flip to sleet soon.