Weathernoob335
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As late as yesterday I was thinking I’d have gone Jan 6 and well into Feb with deep pack encased with ice which would be able to withstand the ever increasing Feb sun angle . Now if I’m lucky , I’ll have an hour of sleet that might collect above the windshield wipers and grass with frozen snow banks that slowly rot in the mild afternoons next week. With no pack, winter to me is worthless. Especially in a not desirable pattern moving forward 

Do you make something of value with this pack?  Do you burrow in it and live in it as a second home?  Grind it up for frozen margaritas?  I am genuinely curious as often there is plenty of it around, and I haven’t figured out any uses or why to be enamored with it since I don’t live on a ski hill.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ok.    

But That’s 3-4 weeks out lol. Two weeks ago it looked like we had 10 days left to winter according to some.  How’d that work out?  It didn’t!   Long way to go here for us…whether we like that idea or not?  She isn’t gonna let us out.  

What do you guys do when winter ends? I know my WX interests fade in by Mid-March. For about 45 days it is drizzle doldrums in this region. Not as bad in interior tho as RI. I enjoy summer storms but I don't do as much tracking... At best I lurk

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They aren’t in that thread either. No idea where they are. Usually J. Spin is updating us every .10 and PF is posting radar shots of stationary bands over Stowe. 

Temp and dews are ever so slowly dropping here, 37/35°F, Meanwhile already recorded 0.10" of rain.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As late as yesterday I was thinking I’d have gone Jan 6 and well into Feb with deep pack encased with ice which would be able to withstand the ever increasing Feb sun angle . Now if I’m lucky , I’ll have an hour of sleet that might collect above the windshield wipers and grass with frozen snow banks that slowly rot in the mild afternoons next week. With no pack, winter to me is worthless. Especially in a not desirable pattern moving forward 

I’m sorry my forecast was correct yet again. I didn’t want it to be, I promise. Get well soon homie.

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They aren’t in that thread either. No idea where they are. Usually J. Spin is updating us every .10 and PF is posting radar shots of stationary bands over Stowe. 

I know you don’t think I work but occasionally I do :lol:… going to be a busy couple days at the ski area.  Will be back at 5am tomorrow for another 12+ hour day.  Getting a ride up pre-public in the AM to get some shots hopefully.  May not hear a lot from me tomorrow haha.

Snowing steadily, but very elevation dependent today.  There was 5” at the High Road Plot and 3.5” at Lookout Plot at 4pm.  Only an inch at 1500ft at same time.

CD736E51-E95F-46AE-9516-CDC40D5DD9C5.jpeg.e07c9f7b9670d0b08afd47a52e2915b0.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bishbish777 said:

Wife has to commute from Boston to Framingham at 8:00 a.m. and back at 5:00 p.m. for work... How bad do you guys think it's going to be..She ain't a good driver haha

8am will prob be getting bad and 5pm may be bad if precip is still ongoing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is where some of my fellow NNE'er brethren could be providing some up stream obs to help instead of being huddled around the campfire in the NNE thread roasting marshmallows...................:lol:

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Making dinner.  Looks like moderate snow, about .5" so far.  27.1°/26.1°

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m sorry my forecast was correct yet again. I didn’t want it to be, I promise. Get well soon homie.

Well the thing is you weren’t right .. again.. there’s not widespread 50’s and inches of rain and basements flooding out . If you want to take credit for pack wipeouts to the pike.. ok. I’ll give you that one 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lexclone said:

Do you make something of value with this pack?  Do you burrow in it and live in it as a second home?  Grind it up for frozen margaritas?  I am genuinely curious as often there is plenty of it around, and I haven’t figured out any uses or why to be enamored with it since I don’t live on a ski hill.

Nestled in the juniper-laden hills north of Reno, NV was my aunt and uncle's house where they lived for 40 years. It was 1992-1993 when almost everybody had a big winter. Reno got like 75 inches that winter. Anyway we had enough snow drifted onto the side of a ravine for my cousins and sister and I to make a tunnel system. It was steep and I got the wind knocked out of me sledding. Scariest feeling ever. 

I want to go spend time someplace that promises annually deep enough snow for an adult to make tunnels. That is not very many places. Lee of Lake UP MI, or HIGH up in the Northern Cascades. This type of snow happens elsewhere in mountain climes often enough but only on good years.

But I have never made margaritas with snow. While I might have a margarita at a restaurant, I usually do not drink in front of my family and if I do drink, I sip whiskey. 

• Like 1