dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Lol, throwing in the towel on Feb 3

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

He’s just upset about the pack dwindling…he’ll regroup and get back in the saddle as soon as we have the next threat on the horizon.  I get it…it’s depressing especially when other locations are cleaning up. Nothing worse than that. 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

467981AA-4F1F-4325-B97A-F23BDEA14FAC.gif

I wash really expecting a good dump here. Im in that hotdog zone.  Such a narrow zone between the haves and have nots.  People have been asking me all day, how much?  and I really thought we were good for a 8 to 12" and the narrow zone would be down towards Brian.  Now I think I will be pinging all night and will have egg on my face.  Congrats north of Plymouth NH.

38.3F  Light rain

31 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Schroeter.

Those maps are sneaky, because they're going to lump sleet in and make it look like snow. I personally am less bullish but I'm not going to micromanage someone's forecast and warnings are already up for generally awful weather during the commute.

You shouldn't have to micor manage, Let them swallow the sword if need be, I would stand by the call even if not agreed on if its not your own,, I can see some of that, But the 1,000,000,000 question is when the areas in question make the transition from IP to +SN and how soon, A lot of the mesos have that sooner so i'm torn, Usually its cut and dry other then track shifts but were dealing with a warm tongue here on the fence.

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Actually it does Kev. There will be chances. That’s all we can ask for. 

I don’t like it. Trough axis is west .. cold is over Midwest. Looks more like a cutter or maybe a lucky overrunning pattern . And the last 10 days or so look like it begins morphing into the early spring that has been widely forecasted 

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I can see some of that, But the 1,000,000,000 question is when the areas in question make the transition from IP to +SN and how soon, A lot of the mesos have that sooner so i'm torn, Usually its cut and dry other then track shifts but were dealing with a warm tongue here on the fence.

RAP says you're snowing in 1 hour 30 minutes...:drunk:

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dude .. it’s gonna be wiped except for patches and banks. It sucks . Winter ends for me when that happens 

I hear ya. Once the deepest portion of winter is gone I'm ready for it to all vaporize. A couple of days ago I was thinking we could be seeing a foot plus here and instead we've melted a couple inches already and it's looking like a dumpster fire of an event.

3 1/2 more weeks until Morch.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He’s just upset about the pack dwindling…he’ll regroup and get back in the saddle as soon as we have the next threat on the horizon.  I get it…it’s depressing especially when other locations are cleaning up. Nothing worse than that. 

Truthfully, no one in his climate zone is cleaning up. It’s mixed crap all the way to south of the Whites on some of these runs. So he isn’t missing by just miles. This is like me being pissed that Nova Scotia is getting a snowstorm and I’m not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t like it. Trough axis is west .. cold is over Midwest. Looks more like a cutter or maybe a lucky overrunning pattern . And the last 10 days or so look like it begins morphing into the early spring that has been widely forecasted 

Ok.    

But That’s 3-4 weeks out lol. Two weeks ago it looked like we had 10 days left to winter according to some.  How’d that work out?  It didn’t!   Long way to go here for us…whether we like that idea or not?  She isn’t gonna let us out.  

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I hear ya. Once the deepest portion of winter is gone I'm ready for it to all vaporize. A couple of days ago I was thinking we could be seeing a foot plus here and instead we've melted a couple inches already and it's looking like a dumpster fire of an event.

3 1/2 more weeks until Morch.

As late as yesterday I was thinking I’d have gone Jan 6 and well into Feb with deep pack encased with ice which would be able to withstand the ever increasing Feb sun angle . Now if I’m lucky , I’ll have an hour of sleet that might collect above the windshield wipers and grass with frozen snow banks that slowly rot in the mild afternoons next week. With no pack, winter to me is worthless. Especially in a not desirable pattern moving forward 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As late as yesterday I was thinking I’d have gone Jan 6 and well into Feb with deep pack encased with ice which would be able to withstand the ever increasing Feb sun angle . Now if I’m lucky , I’ll have an hour of sleet that might collect above the windshield wipers and grass with frozen snow banks that slowly rot in the mild afternoons next week. With no pack, winter to me is worthless. Especially in a not desirable pattern moving forward 

when it was below zero you should have grabbed the garden hose and watered that pack down to lock it in.. and your neighbors for good measure 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

VB-1-960x540.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is where some of my fellow NNE'er brethren could be providing some up stream obs to help instead of being huddled around the campfire in the NNE thread roasting marshmallows...................:lol:

They aren’t in that thread either. No idea where they are. Usually J. Spin is updating us every .10 and PF is posting radar shots of stationary bands over Stowe.