joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It's days like today where we purposely do not put the shoot of the snowblower aimed high and have the snow shoot high in the air and blown away as you are clearing the driveway  . #weeniethoughts.

Fog is eating my pack now. Still fairly robust but still a good 12+ hours to go 

88AE7E46-B056-4CFD-922C-A51602BCD1D4.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That will mainly all go .. as will mine 

That’s a lot to try and vanquish in 12-14 hours. But we’ll see. Depends if I make it into the 50s for 4-5 hours I think. Some guidance actually me back into the mid/upper 30s several hours before the real push of cold air comes in. If that happens, that will drastically slow the melt. 

The way I would play it right now is take a look at regional radar. The correlation coefficient is showing up nicely with a flattened NW edge at BGM and ENX, showing the mid level melting layer. According to model forecasts those should be a relatively straight line. I would draw that line through Maine and south of that is where you're looking at the most sleet/freezing rain. Models don't really budge that front aloft until that low slips out towards the Cape. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He'll show a closed 1014mb isobar over the island of MVY. 

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Usually about at this point when Steve will angerly log in with a chart illustrating why the event is not anafrontal.

When someone doesn't know the difference between this overrunning and actual secondary waves on front its a good thing they never forecast for a living anymore. 

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

The way I would play it right now is take a look at regional radar. The correlation coefficient is showing up nicely with a flattened NW edge at BGM and ENX, showing the mid level melting layer. According to model forecasts those should be a relatively straight line. I would draw that line through Maine and south of that is where you're looking at the most sleet/freezing rain. Models don't really budge that front aloft until that low slips out towards the Cape. 

COD-GOES-East-subregional-New_England.ra

No CC on the regional radar, but you can see the change in reflectivity subtly marking the mixing aloft. This line would push north some in Maine as the WAA increases later tonight, but it will be pretty fixed where I drew the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

No CC on the regional radar, but you can see the change in reflectivity subtly marking the mixing aloft. This line would push north some in Maine as the WAA increases later tonight, but it will be pretty fixed where I drew the line.

And of course, the line almost perfectly bisects PWM. This could be one of those where I end up with virtually nothing and it's 6" by the time I get to Falmouth.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Thanks...god stuff, Chris. Is Albany just NW of that?