Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gets a late press…esp at surface…despite being a little more amped early on. The southern stream is producing a pretty nice wave and northern stream trying to enhance it at the end…might actually be a nice burst of snow even into SNE if we could see another panel or two. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean you can look up the model verification scores for free - the NAVGEM is an      UN -GOOD model... 

It's not designed for this type of  land-based meteorology.  It is used by the NAVY for NAVY purposes in the high seas and wave-guide.  It's not only an UN -GOOD ( fact! ) model, it is also not even being used for the right reason when you attempt to employ it's solutions and then attempt to comparing. 

Jesus Christ.  stop it.

Unless you're mentally challenged and don't understand these turns of phrases, that's another story. If that's what's going one, we'll pat your head and tell ya your doing a great job -

Yeah, that’s not happening. I’m not giving up on the Navy, and I will never use the gfs. I fully understand what you are saying, and I am well aware of the caveats of using the Navy. My rationale for my usage of the big 3 is attached in the photo below. You don’t have to agree with it, but I have been using it and will continue to use it. This system is what I use for every storm, and although I tweak it over time I have not changed the core principles of my system. I will be open to tweaking it, but let me be clear, the big 3 is not going anywhere.

B157DFE2-8C44-4854-9628-26F314A828B5.png

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 6

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The shift means more up our way. It's still much further north with the good snows and warmer than the GFS right now.

Lot of moisture with this, The colder push needs to get here before the bulk of the precip is over or it just ends up being several inches of snow.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

George, Navgem sucks, cmc sucks.  Pick a new 2.  If it was me I’d pick gfs and euro and rotate one of the other bad models to complete your 3 legged stool.  Maybe start with uncle but make sure he’s off the sauce.

I don’t use the gfs and don’t plan on using it anytime soon.

18 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

They'll be more chances this year, don't throw in the towel over one bad storm.

You’re right Davis, but it has soured me some currently.  I don’t have the patience to follow this one like I did Saturday’s storm. I wasted too much time on that weekend POS.

This is a dud for us it looks like too…. High pressure won’t press/get in here in time.   Now let it prove me wrong.  Gonna take the T Blizz attitude now lol. It worked big time for him Saturday.  All the best to NNE on this one. I’ll be heading up in a few weeks again to sled…so it’s wanted by me up there too. 

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah, that’s not happening. I’m not giving up on the Navy, and I will never use the gfs. I fully understand what you are saying, and I am well aware of the caveats of using the Navy. My rationale for my usage of the big 3 is attached in the photo below. You don’t have to agree with it, but I have been using it and will continue to use it. This system is what I use for every storm, and although I tweak it over time I have not changed the core principles of my system. I will be open to tweaking it, but let me be clear, the big 3 is not going anywhere.

B157DFE2-8C44-4854-9628-26F314A828B5.png

This makes my hair hurt. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, George001 said:

You sound like dumb mofo George. You’ve been shown by professionals on here why the dumb ass Navy isn’t made for this type of weather, yet you still don’t get it? What silly boy you are.  Now go back and stick you head in The sand!  

• Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

While leading up to this weekend's storm, the GFS was everyone's favorite punching bag. While it certainly made mistakes as it related to QPF output, it's idea on MSLP positioning was more right than most. To simply disregard it due to some past experience is the opposite of what you should be doing as a forecaster. Take your emotional biases out of the equation, or better yet maintain a log of how your tier model lists have performed from a QPF and MSLP location perspective, and I'm sure you'll see that a change is in order. 

Best of luck! 

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You’re right Davis, but it has soured me some currently.  I don’t have the patience to follow this one like I did Saturday’s storm. I wasted too much time on that weekend POS.

This is a dud for us it looks like too…. High pressure won’t press/get in here in time.   Now let it prove me wrong.  Gonna take the T Blizz attitude now lol. It worked big time for him Saturday.  All the best to NNE on this one. I’ll be heading up in a few weeks again to sled…so it’s wanted by me up there too. 

I do not foresee a 400+ page thread for this... Hopefully we can pull a stat padder at least... 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I do not foresee a 400+ page thread for this... Hopefully we can pull a stat padder at least... 

No, not 400 plus, but if this trends positively..the page count will sore. Especially since a lot of us missed out Saturday.  But I guess my point was more that I won’t be staying up for late night runs on this one. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

No, not 400 plus, but if this trends positively..the page count will sore. Especially since a lot of us missed out Saturday.  But I guess my point was more that I won’t be staying up for late night runs on this one. 

Me neither... def doesn;t have the upside of a potential blizzard, and it will probably wind up more wet than white for SNE.   I'm beat from last week

• Like 1