• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

I'd be more comfortable if we had the 1998 version of Central Maine Power - they were absolute champions in that winter's ice storm.  However, they've now become a dumpster fire, with the flames ignited by the practices of their over-the-ocean owners.
Yes, but that is the distribution side of things, not operating the grid. Texas had a grid capacity issue, not a distribution infrastructure issue. The more analogous party in new england to the Texas issue is ISO-NE who operates our grid.

To your point distribution across New England is crap ( managed by CMP, Eversource, National grid, etc)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Again, the high strength itself isn't the question....it's the orientation of it...does it press down to the east prior to the wave gaining latitude? The Euro says not enough outside of NNE.

It might be too amped, but don't make the mistake of just citing the high strength...it doesn't mean much if it's not established over our region prior to the storm. If that high was sitting up over Quebec City prior to the storm, then I'd say it matters way more.

The GFS, UK, and CMC all have the high there.  The Euro, JMA, and NAVGEM all have it over the GL in Ontario.  Interesting...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well no, I wasn't trying to imply that....but if the s/w is deep and strong enough, it will shoot this north. 

Oh I know you weren’t implying that.

Just not feeling good about that high pressing in/beating the system here. After Saturday’s flop here…it’s pretty deflating seeing the euro screw us again. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh I know you weren’t implying that.

Just not feeling good about that high pressing in/beating the system here. After Saturday’s flop here…it’s pretty deflating seeing the euro screw us again. 

I don’t know how this plays out, but I do know the deposed King is just another model. The glory days are over. 

Going to be a few days until we have a good sense of where this one sets up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheMainer said:

Usually that means good for the north country, but don't want to see this slide too far north. We ended up with a foot when I expected 6 inches on Saturday so another 6-12 and we'll be in as good of shape as the winter of 2018-2019. 

I don't think you have anything to worry about up there truthfully.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ROOSTA said:

This set-up reminds me of Feb '69.
That was just the continuous 102hr event for the region.
Not stating this event comes close... 

102 hours of rain.  :)

55 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

To illustrate the uncertainty for the Friday deal... the NBM 25th and 75th percentile high temperature forecast for BDL is 30F and 48F lol

Does that mean the 50th percentile is 39*?