Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 2

Chicago Storm

8 minutes ago, laferri2 said:

I'm getting the feeling this is going to be another event where Detroit watches Ohio/Indiana get tagged while we get 3-4 inches. 

Second wave keeps trending south.  IMO the 12"+ totals are not likely in this area but 6"+ will paint the DTX area.

7 minutes ago, mimillman said:

12.5” SREF mean for ORD. 8-12” cluster and a 15-17” cluster. Has that 8-12” look 

thats great for Chicago metro.  6z HRRR was a great run as was the GEM. Nice also getting more love from the Euro this AM.   Flying in today so looking forward to some great weather to enjoy while on business there. Will have to stroll lakeshore drive to take it all in. Still nervous as that northern fringe is close to I-88 region. Need that to hold back. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Typical news hype, local news saying this could be one of detroits largest on record. Im just not seeing it.  I still feel like if it takes 36 hrs, it shouldn't count as one event. I hope those in N in, IL and nw ohio can cash in on a 2 footer.

Me too...lots of time yet but looks like Se trend.  SREF plumes beg to differ though.  They are the opposite of the SE trend

1 hour ago, snowstormcanuck said:

OB, your call might be closer to what will happen. Lot of things working against us: delayed changeover to snow, quicker shut off of accum. snow Thursday morning, possible whiff with the main storm.

There is a worst case scenario where we end up sub 4".  Not saying thats happening but you sort of see the cracks in the ceiling developing. 

I hope I end up being wrong. However, the 17th storm was an unusual event. Back to the usual Toronto snow shield now, I fear.

21 hours ago, WeatherMonger said:

Think this might be the first big winter storm where Bastardi has not been mentioned.

Apologies in advance if his name is forbidden here :lol:

Did he retire or get shamed off the intenet?

Really off topic, but he has just tweeted this morning that he lost both of his parents to covid, on the same day. :( Regardless of any differences we might have with him politically or with regard to the weather, that is an unimaginable tragedy.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Typical news hype, local news saying this could be one of detroits largest on record. Im just not seeing it.  I still feel like if it takes 36 hrs, it shouldn't count as one event. I hope those in N in, IL and nw ohio can cash in on a 2 footer.

If it is snowing continuously, how can it not count as one event? Some of the East Coast snowstorms of the past they have counted as 1 event ocer 3 days when there has been like a 24 hour lull in between.

4 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

If it is snowing continuously, how can it not count as one event? Some of the East Coast snowstorms of the past they have counted as 1 event ocer 3 days when there has been like a 24 hour lull in between.

There is at least some question about it snowing continuously in many areas. It seems increasingly likely there will be a lull Wednesday night.

But I get your point (it's all still one congealed mess of a system), and it's valid even if unpopular.

56 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Of course they say that *AFTER* the models have trended away from such an outcome (thus it seems unlikely)...:clown:

• Rjay locked this topic