Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 2

Chicago Storm

8 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

Ya, weirdly im concerned about both. Wednesday has trended a bit warmer down here in the Hamilton-Niagara region. It will take a thread the needle event for 12" but im enjoying the tracking. I may be wrong but I think YYZ has 4-6" of new snow coming this week all but locked up. Issue for me is it just a winter weather travel advisory for 2-3" of slop Wednesday followed by 2-3" of powder Thursday. 

Should also mention I enjoy retaining snow packs haha. So we went from thinking this week would bring first 50s to the region in a while and obliterate the snow pack to upper 30s Tuesday, some light rain to begin followed by more snow. This should help create a glacier that will become tougher to melt in the coming days/weeks 

I'm starting to think 4" in total for Toronto. This thing looks to get really supressed. I guess I can't complain - January 17th was the storm of a lifetime.

2 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

Im getting a bit more concerned with losing current snowpack and getting more rain. EC going nothing but rain for Tuesday night into Wednesday for me. 

I have 7" OTG and didnt expect so much rain to be forecasted. Unlikely it all washes away, my guess is I lose 3-4" and the rest will turn into a glacier. Also getting a bit nervous Ill be on the lower end of the 4-6" minimum I mentioned haha. Might end up right back at 7" OTG by friday morning so if you slept from today and woke up friday the snow depth wouldnt change haha 

If you're in Hamilton, there's a winter storm watch for you now - 10-12" of snow. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ottawa Blizzard said:

If you're in Hamilton, there's a winter storm watch for you now - 10-12" of snow. 

Yep. Still hesitant, but I missed the January 17th storm so this could be my biggest if the year. 

GTA Mets are also torn on what’s going to happen. One of the weather network Mets thinking some freezing rain for Niagara is possible while another thinks suppression may win out. 

how much snow do you still have on the ground? 

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

21-Z-20220131-RAPMW-prec-ptype-27-51-50-

This run gives me nightmare fuel. That's a LOT of sleet and ice, which, last time in this area during GHD I, kicked off power for two weeks.

Please go south, runs! If my 1" snow season total gets crushed by inches of ice and sleet, I'll be legit frozen solid in my generator-less house, jajaja...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Lol..

Hey you remember back in the day what happened to Hoosier storm threads? Lol

You used to have the golden touch. And yeah it helped having geos around.. Damn him! It's his fault! Someone go find hIm! 

Gotta have some fun with this! 

1 hour ago, Thundersnow12 said:

Yeah there was that one winter I was on a roll of a hot streak lol 

Cant remember the last time Joe brought the goods 

i had a good thread making winter several years ago, forgot which.

11 minutes ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

I'm starting to think 4" in total for Toronto. This thing looks to get really supressed. I guess I can't complain - January 17th was the storm of a lifetime.

I think you're discounting the GEM/EURO too readily.  The majority of 18z GEFS members look like those models locally.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Air Traffic Control said:

This run gives me nightmare fuel. That's a LOT of sleet and ice, which, last time in this area during GHD I, kicked off power for two weeks.

Please go south, runs! If my 1" snow season total gets crushed by inches of ice and sleet, I'll be legit frozen solid in my generator-less house, jajaja...

Relax.

RAP is notorious for being way NW / too amped in its long range.

It's mostly being posted as weenie fodder for those on the northern edge.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Relax.

I disagree, the RAP shows the best snow outcome for my area, so it must be sniffing out something that all the other models are missing.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Relax.

Desperate times call for desperate measures (in this case, a RAP/RGEM blend)

• Haha 1

Gonna take a real miracle to get the main ( second ) system to back up far enough nw to have any decent impact here. And no I don't believe in weather miracles atleast. Lol 

Still part 1 looks to provide a decent hit with potentially more. Near certain the historic potential is near zero though for here atleast. That ended when part two decided to go se on modeling. Was hoping for my first day off in over a month.. 

• Like 1

• Rjay locked this topic