Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 2

Chicago Storm

50 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

Call looking $$$, feel for the nw burbs crew looking at another razor miss

The steady north bumps with GFS seemed to halt with OZ run and Euro baby stepping north to a consensus. Most likely NAM will have a significant bump south before the end of today's runs. Champaign and Indy deserve some love. DTW always manages to get theirs. Another close miss becoming common theme

4 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

The steady north bumps with GFS seemed to halt with OZ run and Euro baby stepping north to a consensus. Most likely NAM will have a significant bump south before the end of today's runs. Champaign and Indy deserve some love. DTW always manages to get theirs. Another close miss becoming common theme

i went with 10 expecting a fringe miss south situation because we have a p solid track record of turning those into solid hits here

if we are fortunate and something big goes down, we are sitting pretty to reap nearly all the rewards and we're talking dogs, not a bad spot to be 4 tracking. we got the overrunning already in hrrr range and system ongoing at the end of the nam lol

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mimillman said:

The 6z GFS is what I was concerned about last night when the 00z GFS stopped the north trend 

The 6z basically gives me 3 to 5 inches now. Detroit would still be 12ish.

Uhg. Not even worth cleaning off the car for that. 

4 minutes ago, Jonger said:

I'm looking at more than 3 to 5 at the moment, but the advisory tier is right on the doorstep with another S bump from the GFS.

Keep in mind that 2 days before the Boston storm.  GFS was fish food only (out to sea).  So I am not totally surprised by its output.

• Like 1

Just now, Lightning said:

Keep in mind that 2 days before the Boston storm.  GFS was fish food only (out to sea).  So I am not totally surprised by its output.

My comment was a bit of an overreaction. 6 years of struggling to crack 6 inches gets to you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonger said:

My comment was a bit of an overreaction. 6 years of struggling to crack 6 inches gets to you.

I totally get it.  Many storms in the past few years have not had that NW trend and been more suppressed in this area. Your reservation is not without cause.

• Rjay locked this topic