• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem Snowstorm! 2/2-2/4

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Fascinating map, I could stare at it for hours. One thing that stands out to me is the maxima off Erie on the Chataqua ridge. That area from Dayton to the southwest along the ridge line. Any WNY’ers ever chase in that area?  Whenever I chase I only get as far south as Sardinia in far southern Erie, occasionally get to Ellicotville proper. Need to check that area out sometime though. Imagine road options are dicey…

I think Boston/Colden hills average around 200" as well or close to it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sferic said:

Dave,

Which plan do you recommend for weathermodels.com ? Thanks !

I do weathermodels.com but I like the stuff Bing posts better. I think mine is 20/month? Not sure what they call it. Euro is now on TT if you’re willing to wait. I have no idea why they gave up this proprietary info? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

I do weathermodels.com but I like the stuff Bing posts better. I think mine is 20/month? Not sure what they call it. Euro is now on TT if you’re willing to wait. I have no idea why they gave up this proprietary info? 

Probally because everyone shared maps anyway. Lol. Maybe they have developed a new model and ok you can have this now. How long has the model been around?

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

How was skiing?

We stayed in Ludlow and I rode killington and Okemo, just a quick 2 day trip where most of my crew is really casual about slope time while I go hard and try to hit a lot of technical/nongroomer runs and spend the full day exploring (often alone but utilizing the singles lines which can be a game changer).  Killington had good coverage and pretty nice snow quality overall, a lot of untouched snow deep in the trees too which is my favorite. That was a solid fun day. 

Day 2 was Okemo on a Saturday so a circus with crowds and some pretty obnoxious lift waits early on. Things only got worse as that storm exploded off the coast.  Winds ramped up impressively and quickly moved down the mountain. The summits were gusting 50 by 1pm and temps were down to -10!  Conditions got super dangerous really fast…. I got frost bite on my nose (first time in my life! Scary shit).  On top of that, the runs were completely skied and blown off, ice all over.  I found a couple passable tree runs but that’s about it. Pretty ****ing miserable tbh. 
Our airbnb was awesome though and the company was great. Tons of cards, boozing, edibles, karaoke..haha. Just non stop laughing all weekend. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

We stayed in Ludlow and I rode killington and Okemo, just a quick 2 day trip where most of my crew is really casual about slope time while I go hard and try to hit a lot of technical/nongroomer runs and spend the full day exploring (often alone but utilizing the singles lines which can be a game changer).  Killington had good coverage and pretty nice snow quality overall, a lot of untouched snow deep in the trees too which is my favorite. That was a solid fun day. 

Day 2 was Okemo on a Saturday so a circus with crowds and some pretty obnoxious lift waits early on. Things only got worse as that storm exploded off the coast.  Winds ramped up impressively and quickly moved down the mountain. The summits were gusting 50 by 1pm and temps were down to -10!  Conditions got super dangerous really fast…. I got frost bite on my nose (first time in my life! Scary shit).  On top of that, the runs were completely skied and blown off, ice all over.  I found a couple passable tree runs but that’s about it. Pretty ****ing miserable tbh. 
Our airbnb was awesome though and the company was great. Tons of cards, boozing, edibles, karaoke..haha. Just non stop laughing all weekend. 

Sounds like great fun. I was in a ski haus at Killington and did a bunch of Okemo time back in the mid/late 1990s. Great times! And yeah, I remember a few days on the lift at Killington wondering WTF are we doing. Winds just low enough to keep them running but #pain. Hope your frostbite ends up being minor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Too bad you couldn't hit Mad River. That's a fun one. 

30 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Our airbnb was awesome though and the company was great. Tons of cards, boozing, edibles, karaoke..haha. Just non stop laughing all weekend. 

I’m coming next time! Ty for invite but was the running the show last two months couldn’t leave.