• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem Snowstorm! 2/2-2/4

13 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Just thought I leave this here so you guys can bitch about it lol Just appeard on the NWS winter weather page..I think roc is over 100" now? 

avgsnowbufcwa (2).png

Looks about right. Me and Devin average somewhere around 110-120" a year. Would scoot that red a little bit NW for Southern Erie county. That black dot is just Carol right? No other spotters in that area? She really averages 300"+ a year?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Maybe he's in  western Lowville? Snowfall goes up quite quick in that area..

If you look at the coop location its .5 mile north of lowville about same elevation as me. I’m like 840 they are 866. Honestly I think that due to lack of observers  in that area they guess and overdo the amount of downsloping. Def admit it gets dry slotted but I live 2.5 miles from that location at same elevation, no way there is a 30-40” snowfall difference. I’m actually beating that coop location right now snowfall wise. That station has missed some snowfall and or didn’t report some of the snows that fell. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks about right. Me and Devin average somewhere around 110-120" a year. Would scoot that red a little bit NW for Southern Erie county. That black dot is just Carol right? No other spotters in that area? She really averages 300"+ a year?

Well she doesn’t have 30 yrs of data, think only like 8 years or so. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That black dot looks east of her .She sits at 1305'ASL, elevation goes up east of her..

Screenshot_20220131-172127.png

I'm not seeing large amts of Omega with this system in fumbling through some Skew-T's, around NYS anyway, wondering how that will affect dendrite production.  That's one way to underachieve, which we've done before...i think one of last year's systems suffered from the "rice snow" effect...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I'm not seeing large amts of Omega with this system in fumbling through some Skew-T's, around NYS anyway, wondering how that will affect dendrite production.  That's one way to underachieve, which we've done before...i think one of last year's systems suffered from the "rice snow" effect...

Bing bing bing, why those kuchie maps are garbage outside of gfs maybe. 0 omega lining up with dgz. Also thicknesses are warm too 

• Like 1

It would be cool to have an accurate snowfall map for the entire Tug and ADK. That area has so many micro climates..
You really see it riding the entire area on snowmobile. It's fascinating.

I remember when I was younger and we would go up, there would be no snow in Utica and we would be like what the heck man. And then there is a point going up 12 where it just hits and they have insane amounts piled everywhere. Best feeling ever. Then going from lyons falls up the hill was even crazier.

Love that area..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoolMikeWx said:

You really see it riding the entire area on snowmobile. It's fascinating.

I remember when I was younger and we would go up, there would be no snow in Utica and we would be like what the heck man. And then there is a point going up 12 where it just hits and they have insane amounts piled everywhere. Best feeling ever. Then going from lyons falls up the hill was even crazier.

Love that area..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I drive that same area. I go from Rome up. It is truly amazing. Like different worlds. The kind of stuff you typically only see out West

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Quick side note…KBUF is 35…EVERY other site near and around all WNY is below freezing…end rant…

And wall to wall sun all day today, I'm sure those run ways are the largest cleared areas anywhere in the county.  I think we chalk this up to solar heating of the surrounding area and leave it at that

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Fascinating map, I could stare at it for hours. One thing that stands out to me is the maxima off Erie on the Chataqua ridge. That area from Dayton to the southwest along the ridge line. Any WNY’ers ever chase in that area?  Whenever I chase I only get as far south as Sardinia in far southern Erie, occasionally get to Ellicotville proper. Need to check that area out sometime though. Imagine road options are dicey…

• Like 2