• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Standard Intro to Meteorology textbook?

kocab

What are the standard Intro to Meteorology textbooks being used in college courses these days? 

I'm a physicist by training and taught at the University level. In physics there are standard texts that most everyone uses (eg Halliday and Resnick) and similarly in Astronomy (Abell or about a dozen others). Are there similar texts in Meteorology? (And are they available used? Heh.)

Thanks for any advice.

• 1 month later...

On 1/30/2022 at 7:23 PM, kocab said:

What are the standard Intro to Meteorology textbooks being used in college courses these days? 

I'm a physicist by training and taught at the University level. In physics there are standard texts that most everyone uses (eg Halliday and Resnick) and similarly in Astronomy (Abell or about a dozen others). Are there similar texts in Meteorology? (And are they available used? Heh.)

Thanks for any advice.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/meteorology-today-introductory-weather-climate--environment-an-introduction-to-weather-climate-and-the-environment_c-donald-ahrens/20323561/item/43492526/?gclid=CjwKCAiApfeQBhAUEiwA7K_UHxNMEWTNmfi3gcnDaax_tgAH84e7KbH62lNyEDLiqHjIj3gVXJHCjBoCJxMQAvD_BwE#idiq=43492526&edition=21646488

^^This was an optional text for my intro to meteorology course

• Like 1