• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.

NJwx85

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Regardless of how much precip is left, roads are going to be very icy area wide later. I would think salt on the roads has been washed away by the rain and temps will just get colder from here. 

Doubtful. Temps wonts be crashing fast enough. Still a slow drain going in the area. I was 37 at 10am and still just 35 now 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Doubtful. Temps wonts be crashing fast enough. Still a slow drain going in the area. I was 37 at 10am and still just 35 now 

Temps have crashed a lot in most of the subforum in the last several hours. Even the coast of the city is now below freezing and northern parts of the city are now in the 20s. Not sure what is going on there in terms of your temp barely dropping.   

7 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Don’t under estimate how fast conditions can change.  Your temperature may be in the mid 30s however that will fall later.  My back deck went from wet to a sheet of ice in 20 minutes.  It is not often that you will see a flash freeze however I just did.  Hopefully for your sake the precip is out of your area before the temperature drops.

5 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Temps have crashed a lot in most of the subforum in the last several hours. Even the coast of the city is now below freezing and northern parts of the city are now in the 20s. Not sure what is going on there in terms of your temp barely dropping.   

Lee Goldberg was just talking about what an unusual situation it is, with NYC below freezing while a good part of northern NJ is above freezing with plain rain. This is something we very rarely see, but some of the short range models did a good job picking up on the idea of cold air draining down into NYC but not areas just west of the city. I am still 36 with plain rain here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

This is a mess. 5-10mm of ice on everything, car doors frozen and the road below me is apparently blocked and has been for well over an hour now.

23° with moderate ZR and flakes mixing in.

Didn’t you hear that this is a non event?

• Haha 2

Just now, winterwx21 said:

Lee Goldberg was just talking about what an unusual situation it is, with NYC below freezing while a good part of northern NJ is above freezing with plain rain. This is something we very rarely see, but some of the short range models did a good job picking up on the idea of cold air draining down into NYC but not areas just west of the city. I am still 36 with plain rain here.

That northerly flow draining down the Hudson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

And 23 here currently up the Hudson River valley. Temps have been 32 or lower since 2am at KSWF.

Just now, Allsnow said:

Not sure what I busted on. I said it would be a slow drain after the morning crash of temps. Outside of extreme northern areas temps are borderline which will not allow a ton of ice build up. 

Its in the mid 20s in central Westchester right now unless you consider that an extreme northern area.   

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Not sure what I busted on. I said it would be a slow drain after the morning crash of temps. Outside of extreme northern areas temps are borderline which will not allow a ton of ice build up. 

In Queens NY all surfaces are coated in at least some ice rn.