• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.

NJwx85

They upped the ice accretion totals for the MHV up to 0.5":

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of
  a trace to 3 inches and ice accumulations of one tenth to one
  half of an inch

I had no idea they had the latitude to issue a WWA when forecasting up to that much ice. I though the cutoff was 0.25".

Given the upgrades that have occurred through the Ohio valley, it seems likely this gets upgraded to ISW once the event begins.

3 minutes ago, southbuffalowx said:
They upped the ice accretion totals for the MHV up to 0.5":

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of
  a trace to 3 inches and ice accumulations of one tenth to one
  half of an inch

I had no idea they had the latitude to issue a WWA when forecasting up to that much ice. I though the cutoff was 0.25".

Given the upgrades that have occurred through the Ohio valley, it seems likely this gets upgraded to ISW once the event begins.

This happened once before, I believe 2007. WWA was eventually upgraded to an ice storm warning in places. I believe that is the last time we had one in the NYC warning area outside of maybe Western Passaic.

Amazing difference in snow amounts from Manhattan to the island. Still full coverage at my dads in Wantagh, partial in queens and basically just piles on the Uws. You can really see where the big snow amounts were now. 
I still think this storm is backwards for impactful ice for the city area. You want cold before the precip so roads are cold. A little ice on trees isn’t going to effect much. By the time roads cool enough for accretion the precip is over 

• Like 1