• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.

NJwx85

The models over the past two cycles have trended towards a deeper trough. What once looked like a major warmup and a cutter now looks like a very messy situation. The 06z GFS brings a lot of sleet and ZR to much of the area on Friday after starting as rain Thursday night. The Euro isn’t that much different and neither is the Canadian. Five days out, discuss here.

3 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

The models over the past two cycles have trended towards a deeper trough. What once looked like a major warmup and a cutter now looks like a very messy situation. The 06z GFS brings a lot of sleet and ZR to much of the area on Friday after starting as rain Thursday night. The Euro isn’t that much different and neither is the Canadian. Five days out, discuss here.

The 00z Euro and Ukie are significantly different and colder from the GFS and both bring good snows to the area. 12z GFS has trended more south and wave is weaker which is good if you want snow. 

• Weenie 1

• Rjay pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

I can’t mentally handle another week of flip flopping models. I’ll check back on this thread Wednesday. 

Me too I’ll check in Wednesday. I’m also in for the no zr party. Don’t need that

21 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

Really don’t want to see icy conditions. Snow or a cold rain, please. Ice can create disastrous, deadly situations.

I definitely don’t want rain. The ground up here is rock hard and with our snow pack even moderate rain would be a disaster as the ground won’t absorb it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

I can’t mentally handle another week of flip flopping models. I’ll check back on this thread Wednesday. 

This one is not as likely to be as wild as the last one, first of all we already have snowcover so there is less desperation and also the upside potential is not nearly as high.  

• Like 1

• NJwx85 changed the title to February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.
  • IrishRob17 unpinned this topic