Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2022

cleetussnow

35 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I think this is often exaggerated. Sure there could be chilly days but it's pretty likely we average AN overall.

Average temps are rapidly going up by then

I feel like other than last year our springs have been cold and damp. Even snowed in May one year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

To me this is terrible. Just delays the inevitable cold and dreary early spring. If you look the GEFS you will see the beginning of the change at the end (likely following the MJO progression to 7).

I don’t see (olr maps) that strong of a push into 6/7. I honestly think this goes to cod for a while 

31 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

All it takes is small ridging to set new records

It's effortless

It’s awful. Eventually I’m getting out of here. North Jersey is great but I’d probably be happiest up in New Hampshire or Maine. 

Some day. 

Feels less and less likely I’ll see another winter like 14 and 15 around here, where we had both long duration cold and actual persisting snowpack. A rarity for my area but possible (though never to the extent as up north, of course). 

This January was great for me and we had one amazing storm and a couple decent ones, but even with a BN month the melt was tenacious. That’s why it doesn’t touch what we experienced here in the middle of last decade, but that was apparently a pretty good outlier for how things are these days. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bluewave said:

JFK and ISP are within a few degrees of their all-time February monthly high temperatures. 

Kennedy Intl   MOSUNNY   68  42  38 W21G31    29.92S
MacArthur/ISP  MOSUNNY   66  46  48 W22G29    29.90R

how’s that possible, didn’t we hit 80 like a few years ago

i guess a wind direction thing