joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

Sharon - 30"  

Foxboro - 24" (As Always it seems)  

Boston - 24"!  

Flipping Attleboro next town over had a Report of - 22"!  

Burrellville which is All WEST of me - 21"  

And ALL I get it seems 17" Total??  Don't get to mark off a 20" Storm?  Don't get only the 9th Ever recited 24" storm? I mean NO town in the upset 2/3 of the State had Less than me! What a Screw Hole.  

Thank.  God.  I didn't come home.   I would have been Losing my crap.  And for the 1ST TIME EVER in a Major Event, Freaking Hell on Earth Itself, the PVD Airport Measurement, beat me!!  19"!  

Will end up as my 14th Biggest storm since the 1992-1993 Great Snow Era Began.  Not bad.   But Not that big of a deal.  

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 4

38 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

The band that formed last evening was a big bonus for getting totals here to respectable levels.  (relatively respectable that is!!)  Looks liek I wound up with 17-18.

Second clearn-up begins in an hour.

That band was friggin awesome. It was like a lake effect streamer for a while. Grabbed an extra 3-4” of pure arctic fluff in about 2-3 hours. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, klw said:

.1 of snow, mostly from the initial front but we did lose power at some point over night.  It is back on.  I am guessing it must have been the weight of the snow was too much once the winds kicked in last night. ^_^

All we got up here was an arctic sand dusting and a bunch of twigs, pine boughs and debris on the snow surface from last night's wind.

I tried and reluctantly agreed to 26.5”. The wind just made it impossible to measure. But then I see comments and pics in a local FB page of near 30”. Lol. It was a hell of a storm.  Sometimes I try to use radar and rates to help determine. From 11:30 to 1pm I noticed we had about 6” fall. That was a good proxy to gauge through late aftn.  I didn’t clear at all. If I did, it would have blown over and filled in the area I shoveled out. 

• Like 4

@40/70 Benchmarkin all seriousness...you might consider moving to a more favorable climatological spot. Our location between the ORH hills/Monads and coastal front is going to sit in the subby zone a lot. I know this is likely one of those "easier said than done" things, but if you're going to invest this much emotionally only to be consistently let down, then might want to change the situation. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, klw said:

.1 of snow, mostly from the initial front but we did lose power at some point over night.  It is back on.  I am guessing it must have been the weight of the snow was too much once the winds kicked in last night. ^_^

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All we got up here was an arctic sand dusting and a bunch of twigs, pine boughs and debris on the snow surface from last night's wind.

And you both still crushed me. 

6 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

@40/70 Benchmarkin all seriousness...you might consider moving to a more favorable climatological spot. Our location between the ORH hills/Monads and coastal front is going to sit in the subby zone a lot. I know this is likely one of those "easier said than done" things, but if you're going to invest this much emotionally only to be consistently let down, then might want to change the situation. 

It may not be a favorable jack spot, but he does well with retention. I also think it’s an unlucky stretch even considering what I said. For instance he kept that crusty 1” pack for days and had it through Christmas. Later this week he may get ice while the rest of us rain. So there are advantages. 

4 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

It's been especially bad since he moved there. This area can do well, but it hasn't been a good run. The biggies in 2018, 2015, and 2013 were all great for ASH/Methuen. It's just been a real bad stretch, no denying it. I think just north of us got the real hose in this one. Coworker in Hooksett said he only got 5". 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

How is there a 4.5” difference?

Wind?  Everyone of the photos I keep seeing look crazy to measure.  I bet you could send 12 people outside to the same area to measure and get 12 different amounts varying by 4-8”.  I mean just looking at the pics DIT posted, good luck.  It’s probably 8-18”.

• Like 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

Wind?  Everyone of the photos I keep seeing look crazy to measure.  I bet you could send 12 people outside to the same area to measure and get 12 different amounts varying by 4-8”.  I mean just looking at the pics DIT posted, good luck.  It’s probably 8-18”.

DIT also had a pack coming in

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah could be I guess. I know ray is very careful with measuring.