Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Nice. It was a nice snow snowstorm, its just frustrating to have a truly epic outcome so close by...literally.

We've all been there so many times.  I recall you saying you'd be happy with 12 and you dont need to be the jackpot.  But deep down I knew that wasnt true, you wanted that ****ing jackpot.  Its what we all want.  Story of my life.  WE dont spend 10 days watching a storm for an average outcome, we want the ****ing JACK!!!  Because that's the payoff, we watched it and it happened to US!  Not to them!!  ****ing them!  They are all us but we are people and people are selfish, deep down.  IT's like rooting for any team.  WE expend a lot of energy in hope and not everyone gets the fruit of that hope.  But when you do, it oh so ****ing sweet.   We cant all have it at the same time.  If we did all get it every time it wouldnt be so sweet really.  Or else we'd all live near Mt Baker where it's sweet more often than not.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

We've all been there so many times.  I recall you saying you'd be happy with 12 and you dont need to be the jackpot.  But deep down I knew that wasnt true, you wanted that ****ing jackpot.  Its what we all want.  Story of my life.  WE dont spend 10 days watching a storm for an average outcome, we want the ****ing JACK!!!  Because that's the payoff, we watched it and it happened to US!  Not to them!!  ****ing them!  They are all us but we are people and people are selfish, deep down.  IT's like rooting for any team.  WE expend a lot of energy in hope and not everyone gets the fruit of that hope.  But when you do, it oh so ****ing sweet.   We cant all have it at the same time.  If we did all get it every time it wouldnt be so sweet really.  Or else we'd all live near Mt Baker where it's sweet more often than not.  

Can you find that quote? I never said that I would be happy with 12"...false. I said that I didn't need to jackpot, which was true. I said I'd be okay with like 20".  These totals were always a disappointment in my book

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Can you find that quote? I never said that I would be happy with 12"...false. I said that I didn't need to jackpot, which was true. I said I'd be okay with like 20".  These totals were always a disappointment in my book

Fair enough I will try to find it, I certainly didnt make it up in my head, but that doesnt mean I am not wrong, im often wrong!  I just kinda recall it, so let me see what I can find.  I just want to be clear I am not trying to antagonize you.  I know you didnt get what you expected and I really do feel your pain and Im not trying to troll you in anyway!  I mean I got zero, which I acknowledged I'd get a few nights ago, but the reality is you have more than I do and it's almost feb IN VERMONT

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I explicitly said that I was scared to death of getting "Boxing Dayed", which dropped a foot of drifted baking soda on me. That is precisely what happened here.

I was never okay with that...in fact, I detested the potential so much, I made a verb out of that analog.

Aaron Nola'ed? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I explicitly said that I was scared to death of getting "Boxing Dayed", which dropped a foot of drifted baking soda on me. That is precisely what happened here.

I was never okay with that...in fact, I detested the potential so much, I made a verb out of that analog.

I got half that on Boxing day, it happens to someone almost every storm. I only got 12 today too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

I got half that on Boxing day, it happens to someone almost every storm. I only got 12 today too.

Man, I figured your location had 18".  Definitely tight range on the more epic bands. 

Still though, 12" is nothing to sneeze at.  I'd kill for a storm that big, last double digit here was Dec 2020

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Good thing the dumbbell double low happened in the end for you guys. If it didn’t Forky would’ve been right. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The parameters have gotten even narrower, Dave and Whinemister and the E Slope of the Berkshires are out of the winners circle this year too.   :lol:

Deep SNE is the new climo for snow. 

You know, I brought this up to Scott and Will via text a couple of weeks ago...I know you are joking, but I have theory that there really is some sort of shift due to global warming. With higher SSTs, we could be seeing coastal fronto becoming more prevalent, which is going to bury areas like me, just inland from the coast. You can only laugh it off for so long...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I wonder if we were even aware of some of the differences before the internet.  As a kid, I wanted deep cover, enough packed snow for sledding, and no school.  Whether I had 8 or 20 inches didn’t matter but it does now.

That's part of it...but even before the forum, I knew I got porked in PD II and Dec 2003.

• Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

I’m not but I just think it’s a bit too low. 0.87” LE with those ratios should be about 10” of snow

Yeah, but we never had good dendrites. Never good snow growth. Never had heavy snow. It’s that very silky, dense powder, so I think 10:1 won the day. 

32 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

Fair enough I will try to find it, I certainly didnt make it up in my head, but that doesnt mean I am not wrong, im often wrong!  I just kinda recall it, so let me see what I can find.  I just want to be clear I am not trying to antagonize you.  I know you didnt get what you expected and I really do feel your pain and Im not trying to troll you in anyway!  I mean I got zero, which I acknowledged I'd get a few nights ago, but the reality is you have more than I do and it's almost feb IN VERMONT

No, you're good...listen, I know I get super obsessive, but at the end of the day, these are truly first world problems. I have a Job that I love and a beautiful family coming home, after months away on Thuraday to an area I've called home my whole life. I just wish they were  coming home to 20" of snow, and not 12" lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1