Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

46 minutes ago, Vinny Findley said:

Yes it does. If this would've captured earlier and slowed it would've made a run at it. I'll be 61 in a few weeks. All the big storms since the 78 blizzard it has been said many times, that was a big storm but doesn't compare to the 78 blizzard. I had 3 feet of snow on the street I'm at now. It was my parents at the time. It took a 5 yard payloader to clear the street. Even that thing started to spin tires after pushing up a 20 foot pile of snow. Driver would back up floor it and smash the pile into someone's lawn. 4 days before they cleared the street. Don't think I'll see that again in my life time.

always go back to 78, but truly, a league of it's own...if you didnt experience it, then you look at the numbers, but the numbers don't do it justice....this was a great storm, and we have had many great storms since, but that one will always stand alone....Vinny, where in Cranston? I was on Community Drive, Edgewood, will never forget the front end payloaders finally clearing the streets...sorry, old guy will stop now...this too was a great storm...

• Like 4