• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

I don't understand the atmospheric physics today with the bands. Winds blasting and everything on the move... How do these micro-scale bands of intensity versus screw zone just plant themselves without moving around just a little? Like yeah I know they do move but it seems like relatively these just sit and wont budge enough to share the wealth?

4 minutes ago, Vinny Findley said:

I have the same snow blower. Heated grips and power steering. It's a beast. Bought 3 years ago and not sorry I did!

Other than the carb issue I had a few weeks ago, I love it. No heated grips for me, but the power steering is a nice addition so you don’t have to wrestle with it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Still cominng down at a good rate. About a foot maybe even a little more. We've put a couple of inches on in the last couple hours. Be interesting to see the final score here in Worcester. Nothing like the craziness to our east, but not something to dismiss either.

Still accumulating nicely here too 

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this is good stuff. I just might make 18” if this keeps up. I’d feel a little dirty getting there that way…but whatever. Shouldn’t apologize for ripping snow even if it’s in a mesoband at the end of the storm. 

Yeah I feel like this is almost cheating but I'll take it. Always have to put out the friends and family forecast and was resigned to somewhat of a bust, but not anymore haha 

Just now, JC-CT said:

Oh yeah, what ended being the issue

It was the carb. I cheated. Instead of taking the whole thing apart to access the entire carb, I just took the bowl off and cleaned that and sprayed carb cleaner up into it. That did the trick. There were some flakes of what looked like dirt or something in the bowl.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

All time storm for me personally. No doubt about it. Very pleased. May never see this again here in my lifetime.

That’s how I felt last year. Even after it was over there was more of a sense of peace rather than the post storm hangover.

• Like 2