Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

4 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

So on NOAA Milford reported 11.3 at 1000am. if that is right then we definitely broke a foot here which would be a huge win all things considered. I thought we had less at the time but it’s tough to dispute given all the drifting.  It definitely did feel like we had more today than the 9.5 we got a few weeks ago.

You got over a foot lol we got about 14” in BPT on the water (black rock) Fairfield has a measurement of 16.2 at 3 pm

15 minutes ago, Diggiebot said:

On the Cape or Falmouth Maine? That is terrible especially in the middle of a blizzard. With all the wind and frozen hoses it must’ve been next to impossible to fight the fire. 

Cape Cod.  The firefighters pretty much had to let it go because it got going so hot and roads were not plowed yet. 
it’s possible that neighboring houses might’ve caught also but I can’t confirm that.  I’ll post video in the banter thread later on tonight.

1 minute ago, mostman said:

This band will end up verifying the forecast for my area. Been adding 2 inches and hour for a few hours now. 

Yeah this is good stuff. I just might make 18” if this keeps up. I’d feel a little dirty getting there that way…but whatever. Shouldn’t apologize for ripping snow even if it’s in a mesoband at the end of the storm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Cape Cod.  The firefighters pretty much had to let it go because it got going so hot and roads were not plowed yet. 
it’s possible that neighboring houses might’ve caught also but I can’t confirm that.  I’ll post video in the banter thread later on tonight.

I found this article about the fire. It said they had trouble with water pressure in the area as well. Wind to spread the fire and no way to get water to the fire. So terrible. If they have a go fund me or something like that you should share. 

https://www.capecod.com/cape-wide-news/continuing-coverage-of-the-blizzard-of-22-part-2-house-fire-in-falmouth/

• Like 1