Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Very similar here. Snow was always heavier than radar appeared and I am convinced it’s the wind . Like when Hanrahan posted what he thought was subby hole over this area.. the heavier echoes to the NE were falling here and that subsidence was actually to the west / SW over Ellington: Rockville/ Vernon.  Snowing quite hard currently . Down to 9.1 degrees 

You should hit 15, close to what was forecast

Just now, JC-CT said:

you don't measure the drifts lol

On this property you do. The drifts are the bulk of what we got!!! All sorts of complicated man-made topography and man-made structure. There really is no wide open space to give an accurate representation because any (small) open area was dramatically stripped of the snowfall by the wind. 

There is a ball field catty corner to me. I wonder if I owe the universe the justice of going to it and measuring since I am up on here. I guess its the least I could do.

I am weenie'd out and psyched about the geometric oddities of what the snow did here... like around the cars in the parking lot and such.

• Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, George001 said:

Probably will. There’s no way they finish with under 20 with that band just sitting there and rotting over eastern mass all day. 30 is possible 

Maybe. But there is a reason records are  hard to break. I can see Boston ending up about 24, and struggling to get that final 3.5 inches for record. Once the storm moves away, the accumulations can wind down  quickly, Even if light snow persists past midnight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

On this property you do. The drifts are the bulk of what we got!!! All sorts of complicated man-made topography and man-made structure. There really is no wide open space to give an accurate representation because any (small) open area was dramatically stripped of the snowfall by the wind. 

There is a ball field catty corner to me. I wonder if I owe the universe the justice of going to it and measuring since I am up on here. I guess its the least I could do.

I am weenie'd out and psyched about the geometric oddities of what the snow did here... like around the cars in the parking lot and such.

Dude .. you cannot measure snowdrifts . How about on the sheltered side of the building(s)? Where the wind was blocked 

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I'm not just making things up, there are snowfall measurement guidelines from the NWS.

You don't measure drifts.

Not an epic storm here, but a good one. Temp now 10 F, snowing decently. The wind earlier today was awesome. Shoveling sand when I expected fluff, not so awesome. A few years ago I would have been bummed out to see so much more falling to our east and south. Now, halfway through my sixties, I can enjoy a wild New England snow day and be happy for the guys and gals who love a good blizzard but usually get screwed because of their location.

• Like 2