• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

It pains me to read this thread, as I was contemplating chasing up to Boston yesterday but had too many obligations here in DC.  We got a half-inch.  :(  But I am so happy for the coastal crew up there since they sometimes deal with rain/mix in some of the bigger storms.  I think Logan gets all time record and hits 30 and there will be spots south of Boston that are in the 30s, maybe Quincy to Taunton area.  Problem will be how to accurately measure with the wind/drifting so there will always be doubt/uncertainty. Enjoy it tho!  I’m so jealous!!

Just getting back in after three and a half hours outside. The snow growth was mostly garbage but the wind and cold were impressive here along with the near blizzard conditions. Measured a wind chill of -4. Very low viz. 

That was fun for me, but it would have been better with 12+ obviously.

No confident idea how much snow fell, maybe 7"? There are drifts up to 18" and bald spots everywhere. 

Congrats to the easterners getting obliterated. 

VzQnipN.jpg

WVjXiXv.jpg

TQMPgNb.jpg

OokeBdl.jpg

Ykj4oWw.jpg

• Like 4

That 18z map is probably right, it is 2020z now though and I posted from very recent satellite and buoy data, maybe let's say 50-75 miles east of CHH to be more precise. It will be east of Provincetown soon enough. Extrapolated central pressure from standard wind speed at buoys closest to centre. Too bad there's no buoy in the exact location to watch it go over top. Think it will hit 967 mb 75-100 east of Cape Ann around 00z. 

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

It is really going to have to snow hard for several hours to make a run. 

Like I said, we'll see but this will keep going until maybe 6-7P tonight. So, if the math is correct, He has a small shot. Snow probably won't be finish till 10PM tonight or so.

Just now, Dan said:

A little less in SE NH. 12-18”. Tho I am sitting at 5”. Definitely a busy here unless there is some
Crazy westward shift. But I don’t see it

Dan,

Always good to hear from you! How do you like that area of NH? I am asking because my wife and I have been looking at homes in So NH....

1 minute ago, Greg said:

Like I said, we'll see but this will keep going until maybe 6-7P tonight. So, if the math is correct, He has a small shot. Snow probably won't be finish till 10PM tonight or so.

knowing Ray's luck the home next door to his home  will have 18 inches while he has 10-12 at his place...

Still falling here, the winds have died down but the rate is about the same as it's been since 9 AM. Maybe something like a foot and a half here on average? Big drifts.

It's going to be a while before we get plowed out. Looks like I'm the first one along the lane to venture out.

IMG_1364.jpeg

• Like 2

Dan,
 Always good to hear from you! How do you like that area of NH? I am asking because my wife and I have been looking at homes in So NH....

I love it up here. Ocean is not too far away. Not a far drive to the mountains or the airports.

Snow has not been kind up here nor the severe weather. Very happy to be out of Mass

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s kind of sad that you have to do this for fear of being questioned.. but at 1:00 the town to my north and south both had 10”+ .. and I reported 8-9” at 12:15. Will fall well within forecasted range in this area of 12-18”

M9X0iZI.png

I just said it was a magic mountain. You are the one who got all butthurt about it.

Btw, there was also a report of 9.8" in Cromwell at 9:15am. The total snowfall map should be quite an interesting one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I just said it was a magic mountain. You are the one who got all butthurt about it.

Btw, there was also a report of 9.8" in Cromwell at 9:15am. The total snowfall map should be quite an interesting one.

When you and Forky all slapping dong high fives you damn right lol. I enjoyed the storm and was nice to see folks Jack that half the time never snow 

• Like 2