Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Very unimpressive. Just not piling up. Wind is fantastic but nothing more. I’m just south of 111A and the Exeter river. Right next to the Fremont line

The vis has been super low all morning, just pounding absolute sand. If you had a string of obs you'd guess we had atleast 2x the total. I have about 6"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Getting the good stuff now on the Maine coast.  It took awhile .  Maybe 4".   Any Maine friends care to share some knowledge about what to expect moving forward?  Pivoting?  Hoping to stay in this band for awhile.  

Looks like stays for a while, Should remain stationary over the areas that is under it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That’s the part I don’t get. I need to go back and read some of the write ups from last night and today, maybe they saw something that never really materialized? 

Peeps rip on gfs, cmc, and the uk but they were more right than wrong with the best goods along the coast. 

anyway, we can monday QB this tomorrow. 

Scooter melted so many times this month and thought this system last night would be too fast for 24-30 totals…and there he is, tickling ground zero again.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Peeps rip on gfs, cmc, and the uk but they were more right than wrong with the best goods along the coast. 

anyway, we can monday QB this tomorrow. 

Scooter melted so many times this month and thought this system last night would be too fast for 24-30 totals…and there he is, tickling ground zero again.

He’s Boston area right? I’m like the very NW edge of the death band and have like 11-12 inches, looks like we are on track to end up with like 2 feet. Areas in the center of that band gotta be at 20+ already. He’s gonna get 3 feet lol

1 minute ago, George001 said:

He’s Boston area right? I’m like the very NW edge of the death band and have like 11-12 inches, looks like we are on track to end up with like 2 feet. Areas in the center of that band gotta be at 20+ already. He’s gonna get 3 feet lol

George remember yesterday sometime you said someone might hit 40? If someone gets 36, you would not have been far off.

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

MD 99 graphic

Ha.. you know when I see this... . I cannot help but wonder if the individual expectations are a wee bit too high going into these storms.  I mean, NCEP apparently doesn't have any reservations in calling this blizzard conditions ...wtf are we peppering this obs thread with 'umimpressive' laments?   What?  do we have to have winter storm Mike Tyson punch us in the face with his giant snow fist -

'course, I've been kind of wondering about official office competency everywhere in western industrial civilities as of late but that's another rant.

Anyway, I think this has turned into a meso salad - when that happens, the haves own 90% of the wealth and the rest work in their factories.