• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

As hard as it is to measure, I can give a description of what I call "General accumulation areas" such as spots between parked cars, and empty parking spots. These locations have 12-15 inches in them, some drifts are as much as 20 inches now. The lesser windblown areas have an average of about 3 inches on them.

Radar continues to impress me, showing the pivoting of continued crap coming out of sky from Le Demon Neige.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, if I am going to hit a foot, it will need to TBH, I could snow until Bryce is in college at this clip, and fall short. I don't see it camping out and maintaining long enough to make this event really stand out to me.

I Do not enjoy your misery in the least, but you are very funny sometimes when it happens. 

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I need to move to either Moosup or Weymouth....its just unreal...its like the snow sees a Batman beacon of this dog house and just aligns.

I know how you feel bro.

When I lived in Norwalk I experienced 3 20 plus storms and tons of foot plus storms.

Since I moved to Easton in September 2014 I have experienced ONE foot plus storm (last year at 14).

Granted only 2 below average snowfall seasons since, but the big ones are always in NYC or EOR.

Location makes a huge difference.

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, if I am going to hit a foot, it will need to TBH, I could snow until Bryce is in college at this clip, and fall short. I don't see it camping out and maintaining long enough to make this event really stand out to me.

So far it's been a run of the mill snowstorm with some wind.... We're going to need a band like in the 12/1/2019 storm

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

There were a couple of runs but nothing serious. BTV was thinking 1”-3” and even bumped it up to 2”-5” for eastern VT after that really zonked run but you’re right, this one was never really for us. 

Yea, even under some halfway decent radar returns there is nothing at all coming down right now.  Stratton summit cam has like miles and miles of VIS..lol.  I was always out of it really even here, but, not sure even places east of me in VT got much? 

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I Do not enjoy your misery in the least, but you are very funny sometimes when it happens. 

Go ahead and enjoy it, bc I'm smoking your exhaust. I enjoyed the hell outta 2/1 last year, while you rained. Its weather...you aren't harming my family :lol:

I should have stayed at work in Chelsea...probably get 2'