Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Anyway, enjoy it everyone. GL.

Looks and sounds impressive here with the wind at least. Lol. 

Ahh whatever it ends up at, it’s better than nothing. My girl is gonna make cabbage soup today, and we’ll have a few drinks this afternoon and watch it play out. Looks like  We wait for the next big one here in central and western areas…this isn’t it for us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That was the plan....fingers crossed

I'm flirting with the western edge of that.  If a brother can get it 5 miles west consistently, I'll be in business.  It's dumping , but the echoes are stronger just a hair to the SE.  Just give me 5 miles....:)

Edit:  Jay's higher radars suggested it will

Looks and sounds impressive here with the wind at least. Lol. 

Ahh whatever it ends up at, it’s better than nothing. My girl is gonna make cabbage soup today, and we’ll have a few drinks this afternoon and watch it play out. Looks like  We wait for the next big one here in central and western areas…this isn’t it for us. 
Up in jackman riding. 3-4" frcst

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

At the buoy 54 miles SE of ACK, pressure in past hour has dropped 5 mb, low appears to be approaching it, pressure around 980 mbs, winds NE 45 G 55 knots (approx). At this rate historic blizzard James will track right across the Cape in about 4-5 hours. 

That rate of pressure fall as many will know is near the limit. 

Center should remain offshore. We'll see.

14 minutes ago, bmj16725 said:

Measured 4.5" as an average as snow is drifting substantially with the wind. Light to moderate snow at 19.6.  

I haven't measured yet, but I'm in Plainville not too far from you and it seems about the same out here. Looks like a true winter storm kind of day. Happy that's going to go throughout the day. I'll be happy with 6 to 12 in I'm hoping to be at the 12-inch Mark though. Just need some moderate bands to stay through here which I seem to see on the radar. It looks like the dry slot is Jest to our west in Eastern Litchfield County