Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Trying to get that band to weenie in Tolland. Snowing pretty well for Ginxy right now with a little NE drift below the beam. Looks like the band has really slowed down and is getting near stationary. Pounding for Scoot too. 
81E48B6B-8EEF-4D1D-982A-0970326CC433.gif

1" as of 7am...very poor snow growth

BOX 6:45

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/... 645 AM update... Very impressive satellite imagery this morning, with half wavelength shortening between trough and downstream ridge, as trough begins to take on a negative tilt. Forecast remains on track, with moderate snow overspreading eastern CT-RI and eastern MA, with snowfall rates approaching 1 inch per hour. Winds have really cranked upward the past hour, with PVC G50 kt/58 mph the past hour! Still expecting the heaviest snow with hourly rates of 2-4" per hour at times along with strongest winds up to 65-75 mph between 9 am and 4 pm. Rain has flipped over to all snow now across Nantucket and the outer Cape. Although this will be a heavy wet snow, including coastal Plymouth county and increase the threat of tree damage and power outages. Earlier discussion below.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like I should be in it, but my ons reflect subsidence 

That far north of the radar you’ll want the leading edge of that band to get like 5-10 miles north of you since we have really strong drift on the potent NNE winds. 

1 minute ago, MVOyster said:

Vineyard total whiteout, 5”+ overnight, now fatter flakes flying sideways, wind gusts roaring down the chimney … 6 & 8 year olds in jammies with their faces pressed to the window … gorgeous 

It’s so magical for the kids(and us too!) I remember huge snowstorms as a young kid and it started my fascination with all kinds of weather. Enjoy making the memories!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That far north of the radar you’ll want the leading edge of that band to get like 5-10 miles north of you since we have really strong drift on the potent NNE winds. 

I think I am seeing a little of this effect here, as we are just barely within the goods on radar map. Being this close one hopes it can pivot back just a bit. As of now obs moderate snows. Decent rates but not the kind of thing you need for 25 inches!

Morning Everybody!:snowing:  There was I thought about 2.0" by 7:30 AM this morning. As has been said over and over, "Can't Measure it!" Neither can I here. Just lots of blowing and drifting. Coming of the roof of the house and deck sometimes with the heavier wind gust. This will require multiple measurements today to get a feel what really on the ground. Enjoy the storm everybody! 

Snow

18F