Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28/29 Blizzard Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

Northof78

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

The sound is helping enhance the snow. Essentially-fast winds over the sound with little friction meets land with more friction, air has to slow down and rise. And it adds a little moisture as well. 

Ty. The sound part i get, but I’d expect the darker blues would be more relegated to the NS

8 minutes ago, WaPo said:

All but done over here in East Harlem. It looks like we’re over a foot, possibly 14”-15”. I’ll have to walk through Thomas Jefferson Park to get a good idea. My family in Massapequa said they’re over 20”. 

not even close i bet . i am guess less then 10 inches in east harlem..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chet-NYC said:

Middle of Staten Island here.   The photo was taken at 8:31am and there's eight inches on that table. (The umbrella stand that is sticking out is nine inches above the table surface.  Still coming down at a pretty good clip.  

IMG_1415.jpeg

Just to update.  The snow is pretty much over here.  Can't tell if anything is falling or just blowing around.  That umbrella stand poking out of the snow did get covered, so we had just over 9" here.

2 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

This would have been destructive if it had, tbh. I'm not exactly sad it didn't, even though I kind of am. If that makes sense haha

Seems like most of the metro got something out of it. Would've liked around a foot, got close to 8. I'll take a bunch of 6-8 all winter if I could get them.....2014 comes to mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BxSnowWx37 said:

Yeah I thought the same up until I walked in it..its still snowing btw..:lol:

Screenshot_20220129-121621_Gallery.jpg

Yeah it is deceptive. It was looking not that heavy until you go outside, those little fine flakes pile up.

Thats Pelham Pkwy?..I was walking over there a little while ago and to Bronx Park E.