Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28/29 Blizzard Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

Northof78

3 minutes ago, Big Jims Videos said:

Ac boardwalk 14 inches but some of that could be blowing.  I did get 14 though with the yardstick in 3 areas.  

Going to be incredibly difficult to measure.  Forked river had 12.5 official measurement at 510AM... we are still getting good rates 3 miles south in my area.  We are pushing that 18 inch top end prediction already I would guess. 

Wind now gusting to 45 at Barnegat Light. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Dude. Take a breath man. Go for a walk in the light snow or somethin. 

Are we only allowed to post observations if we are getting rocked?  It's hard to hide my disappointment, sorry about it. But it's a good suggestion to do something else. Which is what I'm gonna do. Sleep a bit then maybe some French toast. Or pancakes. With blueberries. Side of eggs and hash browns. Will warm up a cold morning, dontcha think? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

See my updated post. And Eeyore gets a bad rap:) And I thought I was going out of my way to be less negative. Guess it didn't work?

Im just bustin you man dont worry lol. On the line of The haves and the have nots is never a fun spot to be in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BxSnowWx37 said:

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?zoom=5&units=english&radar=1&wxstn=0&wxstnmode=tw

We are getting smoked here in the bronx down in to queens,been like this for almost 2 hours now with the never say die band,it keeps firing up over us. While the subsidence is on its eastern side in Nassau County. 

Yeah I can verify this.  Getting rocked hard on Roosevelt Island too!  Heavy snow and wind making for near-whiteout conditions.

Much more intense than I expected.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

30 minutes away in these driving conditions?  Dry pavement conditions?  Rush hour? Off peak? What kind of 30 minutes away are we talking here?

Well my son takes classes at the NY Aquarium and it takes him about 30 mins to get there from here on a weekend. That's Brooklyn. Weekdays would be worse I guess.

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Im just bustin you man dont worry lol. On the line of The haves and the have nots is never a fun spot to be in.

Well someone has to be in the screw zone, though I wouldn't technically call it that bad, we do have snow OTG. Some areas to my west have even less. I never wanted two feet though, it is tough for me to handle.