Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28/29 Blizzard Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

Northof78

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of about 9:35, we're up to 1".  Coming down close to moderately at 30F. Didn't expect to have an inch until 11-12, so feels like we're ahead of schedule.

Just went for a nice walk - it's spectacular out there - gorgeous dendrites sparkling under the lights outside! We're up to 1.5" as of 10:35, so 1/2" the last hour and well ahead of scheudule (1" by 1 am predicted by the NWS). Temp down to 30F. Radar looking good and finally looking good for our friends out in Hunterdon/Mercer/Somerset Counties, finally.  Started to get excited about this overperforming here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of about 9:35, we're up to 1".  Coming down close to moderately at 30F. Didn't expect to have an inch until 11-12, so feels like we're ahead of schedule.

Just went for a nice walk - it's spectacular out there - gorgeous dendrites sparkling under the lights outside! We're up to 1.5" as of 10:35, so 1/2" the last hour and well ahead of scheudule (1" by 1 am predicted by the NWS). Temp down to 30F. Radar looking good and finally looking good for our friends out in Hunterdon/Mercer/Somerset Counties, finally.  Started to get excited about this overperforming here. 

• Like 1

Hi All! First post after reading for a couple of years. I’m right on the coast. Sounds like a nice band setting up for me here in NJ. Moderate snow falling, ground is covered, and wind starting to pick up.

...Heavy snow and increasing winds are expected to produce rapidly deteriorating conditions during the overnight hours... At 1035 pm, radar indicated a band of heavy snow developing from Caroline County in Maryland and Sussex County in Delaware northeastward to eastern Burlington County in New Jersey. The band is expected to continue developing northeastward into Ocean and Monmouth Counties during the overnight, and its relative position may move little for at least the next few hours. Snowfall rates are expected to increase to one to two inches per hour at times within this band

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

I mean even if the rates didn't pick up, if it snowed at this pace from now until noon tomorrow it would be more than 2-4 inches. 

he's trolling - that's why I asked where he was from.

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

The latest RAP has the 1 inch liquid up to the east river 

If the RAP is right (it's giving the city consistently run after run 16 inches with ratios now) people are going to wake up with a surprise cuz that ain't 6-10 inches lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Why bother to troll on a weather forum? On a Friday night? I mean, I know there's a pandemic on and people are not going out much, but there's a lot of good tv streaming these days....

exactly... lol