Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28/29 Blizzard Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

Northof78

59 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Been snowing lightly in Metuchen since about 7:10 pm - a new dusting after 1/4" earlier today, which was gone.  32F.  C'mon, want to get my predicted 8.25"!

We got what looks to be a nice bonus band that was really thin and just happened to come right over us (see pic - Edison, by 287/TPK) from about 7:40 until 8:20 as per the pic and it put down our first 1/2" as of about 8:25 pm. Everything covered, including roads, as I was just out to get takeout (Fire and Flavor - yum!).  31F.

V4X4Uzm.png

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

We got what looks to be a nice bonus band that was really thin and just happened to come right over us (see pic - Edison, by 287/TPK) from about 7:40 until 8:20 as per the pic and it put down our first 1/2" as of about 8:25 pm. Everything covered, including roads, as I was just out to get takeout (Fire and Flavor - yum!).  31F.

V4X4Uzm.png

As of 9 pm, we only picked up another 1/8" since 8:30 pm, as the snow let up, meaning we have 5/8". However, the radar is looking great and intensity just picked up and it's coming down nicely. Also, so far the snow that's falling is easily 15-20:1 snow to liquid, with very nicely formed dendrites making a nice fluffy snow. Not sure how long that will last, but if we can retain this kind of crystal growth in the DGZ once the precip gets heavier, we could pile up some snow quickly during the first half of the night - one of the pros on another board said he thought we'd retain good snow growth through the first half of the storm. Down to 30F.

16 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Nice light snow fall. Peaceful. 

Side note, with the cold temps I’ve lost count of how many days of snow cover the yard has been under; sneaky winter look for the month it seems. 

Here in Orange County NY, I've had a solid snow cover since January 7th, I would guess you're about the same .

• Like 1