Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28/29 Blizzard Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

Northof78

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo1 said:

mahwah NJ

been snowing since 8am (now 247) 

I haven't seen a change in intesity all day.....I'll call it moderate flurries.

Roads wet, grass white.

If I were to guess temperature....30-33

just came here to post something similar. After the lack of snow this winter, there's been not much discussion bout the mood flakes we've had in the city since early this morning. 

Sure, boring compared to a big storm, but still quite nice. 

10 minutes ago, NYC10023 said:

just came here to post something similar. After the lack of snow this winter, there's been not much discussion bout the mood flakes we've had in the city since early this morning. 

Sure, boring compared to a big storm, but still quite nice. 

Co worker is 6hrs north of Long Island, coming south....called me freaking out due to heavy winds and snow worried he's going to get snowed in.......had to calm him down.....He thought it was the storm.

Good friend of mine left Ramrod Key at 7 this morning, trailering a 30' center console on the way back to CNJ.......didn't get my texts with the new model outputs and thought it was a bust going out to sea...........

He's gonna have to back door it through PA to avoid the blizzard lolol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Steady very light snow for hours here.  30°

Dusting on some of the evergreens, base of the trees, etc, but not on most of the ground.  Must be that March sun.

Lol. That crazy angle! Radar not depicting anything, but it’s definitely getting steadier 

It hasn't stopped snowing since about 10am, intensity has varied between very light and not quite moderate. There's close to a half inch on existing snow, .2-.3 on elevated surfaces and barely wet pavement although as soon as it got dark it started sticking on the pavement too. I saw temps between 31>34 while out this afternoon, it's 25-29 around town now. There's still no wind too speak of.

Things are looking gd for us in the metro,don't hang on models my friends just current trends. The pivot is gonna be real and it's not hard to tell it's coming if you just watch the water vapor loops and satellite images. If the western low of a double barrel wins out,we cash in.

1 hour ago, tomcatct said:

I think what he is saying is completely reasonable.. not saying the whole outcome is going to change dramatically but it is worth watching the evolution play out.

Time to watch models is over. It is now time to watch radars, satellite loops. Let us hope we all get a good thump of snow tonight in to tomorrow. From the looks of things, we will get a lot of melting by mid week.

• Like 1