Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

16 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Reports of 80mph winds in Barnstable county MASS

I know the wind started earlier than I expected. We got gusts coming over the bayside bridge in Ocean City at 9pm. We have a soft top Jeep. Never heard it sound like that before. lol You could see the snow blowing across the bridge. Horizontal snow is the best.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Picked nearly the perfect spot in jersey for this one. Ocean county appears to have jackpotted with multiple 20”+ reports.

We totaled 18.5” based on the average of 5 measurements and surrounding OBS. Highest winds hit over 60mph. 2+ foot drifts common. Very impressive storm, no doubt. 

It was fun while it lasted. I’ll be on my way home tomorrow

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Btw @PhineasC, lewes reported 14.5”. So… your 3” observation via cam was ridiculously off

That wasn't really the issue. It was him doing a drive by and gleefully claiming bust and OTS, as if we had not been paying any attention, and he was 'enlightening' us all. I'm sure he was posting the same crap in the NE thread.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Btw @PhineasC, lewes reported 14.5”. So… your 3” observation via cam was ridiculously off

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That wasn't really the issue. It was him doing a drive by and gleefully claiming bust and OTS, as if we had not been paying any attention, and he was 'enlightening' us all. I'm sure he was posting the same crap in the NE thread.

LOL big mad even when you two finally got a snowstorm. Still angry like a day later. Try weed?

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Don't tell Phineas, he won't believe you.

I never doubted anyone else's obs. I literally posted my own obs and the meltdowns ensued.

I guess some TV guy claiming 14.5 in Lewes (highest in all of Sussex County by a decent margin, BTW, other reports lower) means every place in the county received the same.

Median is probably about 12 here.

Just now, PhineasC said:

I never doubted anyone else's obs. I literally posted my own obs and the meltdowns ensued.

I guess some TV guy claiming 14.5 in Lewes (highest in all of Sussex County by a decent margin, BTW, other reports lower) means every place in the county received the same.

The blizzard warning was mostly for right along the coast, even though they extended it inland later. The higher snowfall forecast was also for right along the coast, and it mostly verified if you look at the reports.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL you called bust and OTS based on some crappy camera angles at your place. No meltdowns here dude. People legit laughing is all. It was pretty embarrassing. I know it must suck being up there in N NH and getting scraps while the MA and SNE coasts get hit hard. It will work out for you in the end though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2