Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

Just now, Jebman said:

Any snow is the benchmark warranting a jebwalk. Blast your favorite music on headphones, especially if the song reminds you of snow! No amount of snow is too little or too much! I imagine tonight and tomorrow avid snowlovers will be out jebwalking even in Bos, even in 24 inches and in 70 mph wind gusts! I would! There is no max. Keep right on jebwalking no matter how deep the snow or how severe the bomb cyclone!

Damn right!! My kids are practically grown ass adults now. That said, they grew up asking whenever it snowed….when are we Jebwalking? It’s literally part of their normal winter language. They don’t know anything different. My wife on the other hand has some fun and colorful words whenever I tell her about the next snow event…and it’s not quite as pleasant as “Jebwalk”.  :lol:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Well that is the opposite of what I did then.  I just brought skis.  No clothes and goggles, going to deal with the snow WV mountain style.

Can you have those very strong winds push you down the beach on skis?

I mean understanding there is snow on the beach.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

Coastal is throwing me a little hug. Moderate snow, road is finally all white (after 10 hours of snow lol). A little over an inch out there. Maybe I can steal enough to get to 2 inches. 

Trough went negative about 2 hours earlier than expected. Low is intensifying at > 2 millibars per hour now. Might help get an extra inch or two to places east of 95

• Like 1

Took one more look outside and was surprised to see it was still snowing.  Steady light snow getting whipped around as the winds pick up. Pretty good flake size too. Should finish with at least an inch from tonight's snow after picking up 1 inch this morning. Going on 20 straight hours of snow falling for a total of 2 inches. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL just realized coastal DE has a blizzard warning for 10-18? Looks like 2" on my cams. Bust.

This storm will go down as the most overhyped thing in a while. It's flying and headed well OTS.

There is definitely more than 2” in most areas along the Delaware coast and they aren’t even close to done. The storm isn’t really flying either. It’s center is still at the NC latitude and won’t really be hauling ass as it’s captured by the 500mb low that closes off along the coast. Will the DE coast see 18”? No. But let’s not call a bust until it’s over

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL just realized coastal DE has a blizzard warning for 10-18? Looks like 2" on my cams. Bust.

This storm will go down as the most overhyped thing in a while. It's flying and headed well OTS.

It’s likely going to snow 12-18” widespread along the coast from NJ to Boston with winds up to 70mph as the low drops into the 960s south of LI. It’s not really overhyped. It’s simply not the type of storm that does well at our latitude. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, jayyy said:

It’s likely going to snow 12-18” widespread along the coast from NJ to Boston with winds up to 70mph as the low drops into the 960s south of LI. It’s not really overhyped. It’s simply not the type of storm that does well at our latitude. 

BOS mets are calling for 24"+

I could see 12-18, yes.

7 minutes ago, jayyy said:

There is definitely more than 2” in most areas along the Delaware coast and they aren’t even close to done. The storm isn’t really flying either. It’s center is still at the NC latitude and won’t really be hauling ass as it’s captured by the 500mb low that closes off along the coast. Will the DE coast see 18”? No. But let’s not call a bust until it’s over

I am literally looking at a cam at my Bethany Beach place right now. It's like 2 inches and doesn't even seem to be snowing that hard. 10" is a huge, huge stretch. LOL at defending a storm 500 miles away from your house just because.

• Weenie 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

BOS mets are calling for 24"+

I could see 12-18, yes.

If the low truly gets down to the 960s, 18-24” isn’t out of the question between eastern LI and Boston. No storm that deep, intensifying that fast is will be flying up the coast. The 500mb low closing off and tugging the mSLP toward the coast off the jersey shoreline (shown on the NAM and Euro the past few days) is the key to their success. If that doesn’t occur and the low skirts ENE, then you’re onto something for sure.   

Looking at mid level instability charts, the dynamics in the NE NJ to BOS region are ripe for convective banding. All it takes is roughly 6 hours of 2-3” banding to get them to 12-18”. Seen it happen many times over the years living in the northeast in very similar setups. It all comes down to how quickly this storm travels from VA to south of LI.  

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am literally looking at a cam at my Bethany Beach place right now. It's like 2 inches and doesn't even seem to be snowing that hard. 10" is a huge, huge stretch. LOL at defending a storm 500 miles away from your house just because.

500 miles from my house? Cool. Except im in asbury park, NJ this weekend.  But hey, keep talkin’. You’re in fugging New Hampshire with a WWA up

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

No wonder you are assuming it will will crush NJ. Maybe it will. I haven't looked at all. It'll be way below the media hype everywhere I am pretty sure, tho.

It’s already crushing NJ. I don’t have to assume anything. 

I get it now. I forgot. You live in NH.  You’re salty over 4-6” as the coast gets slapped. Natural feeling. 

• Haha 1