Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

7 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

The coast from OCMD to Rehoboth is going to get absolutely smoked. My god. A CLASSIC depiction on radar for a drubbing. Anyone down there will enjoy every second. Get the coffee pot brewing. It’s going to be a fun night down there. 

Bos is gonna get buried alive, 3 feet with 70 mph gusts.

That's a lot even for them. I might have to dig em out, using Jebman Standards

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Just got here in OC at 9:00.  It was mostly snow but a lot of "wet" hitting the windshield.

Snowed the whole trip, but mostly just wet roads.   The snow was the hardest around Easton when we went through, roads got covered a bit then.

Now it looks to be all snow here and really getting cranking.

Yeah. What he said. lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

The coast from OCMD to Rehoboth is going to get absolutely smoked. My god. A CLASSIC depiction on radar for a drubbing. Anyone down there will enjoy every second. Get the coffee pot brewing. It’s going to be a fun night down there. 

Indeed it will. Enjoying the snow here but it will not compare to the experience down there. Should be similar to 2018 but with higher wind gusts.

• Like 5

Getting it almost moderate under those greenies , Cutoff moved inside 270/70 so another 60/90 mins for west of 95.  We could not  get accumulation  going until 5:30 so wasted 0.5-1” . But it’s been good for almost 5 hours and can’t complain  with a  bit more coming .  Then bitter wind chills with blowing and drifting to 4”.  Pics those drifts please 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silver Meteor said:

Did I say anything about guidance? No. I said I've seen many Lows pass by this coastline and this one is much farther out than normal. Much farther out. A simple, basic fact. (And your response is an example of why I almost never post on this website.) If the 850 pulls it back in, great, I'm all for it ... but again I was only pointing out a peculiarity with the track at this latitude.

No you didn’t, but I mentioned guidances as reference to the fact that the forecast is on point and matches what the models had in terms of the track. Also, was not arguing you but rather stating a known fact, that current location for the center you are saying is waaaay offshore is not far enough east to stunt precip to the west. A low can be in that very exact spot and still be producing precip along the coast and points inland. Other factors come into play like they are tonight such as the phase, strong confluence, development of a double low, expansion to precip field, intensification, etc. This is not your normal low pressure system, so it’s current track will still produce nor is it hinging on influence with an 850 to come west. Also, I remember notable lows in the past that were farther to the east that still pounded the northeast…even hurricanes. Several nor’easters and let’s not forget Hurricane Sandy were farther east

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

0.8”. Added 0.1” during my Jebwalk but it’s lightened up again. Probably need 2 more hours of this to get to 1”. Going to be close. I’m going to bed and dreaming that I get clipped by a rogue outer band from the coastal.

Crazy how close the western edge gets to the bay.  Hoping the 500 mb low pulls this sucker close enough to hit you with a few hours of fun overnight 

• Like 1