Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

6 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

The end is upon us folks west of 95.  I can see the radar breaking up NW and blossoming SE.  collapsing on the coastal.  Maybe we get the next one.  

Your myopia, like  others, is incorrect .  These malaise posts really are not weather related and belong in banter. At 6:30 the “it’s over” started and Picked up an inch since then and still steadily snowing. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

Feels like we’re still deep in the screw zone in Baltimore… the amount of flakes falling is a bit higher than it was an hour ago, but it’s still only dust. Only a grassy surfaces and car topper event so far. Just hoping we can cover the grass by tomorrow at this point but I am not convinced that’s in the cards. Seems like we might get the very marginal dark greens (looking at COD radar) soon, so let’s see if that can turn our fortunes around.

It's over for us, man. We will get this light pixie dust stuff that is snowing at .001 inches per hour rates until whenever it shuts off, which is irrelevant because it's basically not snowing as it is.

7 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

You deserve it man. Hope you’re doing well

I'm doing ok. The last month and a half has been awful with the passing of my dad, but I'm feeling better and just taking things day by day. Hope things work out with this storm. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

How long does it take you to drive out to the Cape?

I could get to the tip of the Cape in about three hours. Went out there in October for a coastal that had hurricane force winds and it was big time. :weenie: 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Joshb32689 said:

I didn’t see if it was talked about, but is there any ground truth to the rain at the DE beaches, and approaching AC? Was that talked about and I blacked out?

Yes, it’s started as rain in OC but as the coastal cranks, it’ll quickly turn to snow. So it’s not a big deal

59 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

Dang be safe my dude. I'm not familiar with the area but sounds like you're getting a heck of an event 

Like @Baltimorewx said nothing crazy (although noticeably more than anyone around…Emmitsburg <10 minutes from me had no road coverage on my way into the neighborhood). 

There’s an area up the road (Sabillasville & Cascade where the elevation gets all the way to 1400 feet). Sometimes they have noticeably more snow in elevation dependent events. We’re getting a steady snow still right now, the roads are definitely a bit treacherous. 

14 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Your myopia, like  others, is incorrect .  These malaise posts really are not weather related and belong in banter. At 6:30 the “it’s over” started and Picked up an inch since then and still steadily snowing. 

The NS is not collapsing and the coastal is not taking over?  The radar isn’t breaking up to the NW?  I don’t make malaise posts and I am not that smart to begin with.   But why is it incorrect?  

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

The NS is not collapsing and the coastal is not taking over?  The radar isn’t breaking up to the NW?  I don’t make malaise posts and I am not that smart to begin with.   But why is it incorrect?  

I agree with you. Drying up over head. Coastal. 

1 hour ago, DDweatherman said:

Good luck fellow NW crew member up there 

Thank you! 10-14” is my call up this way. They should have it all cleared out in time for me to drive back Sunday evening. Bust risk on both ends is quite high I reckon. NWS has a BW up for 10-18. We shall see